Mobileread
The Ultimate Kobo Tips & Tricks Thread
#301  maddz 03-23-2014, 06:18 PM
Problem is, I can't get the shelf management to work - after setting it up, Calibre throws error messages when I try and connect. Hence why I was asking here - basically, if there is a setting in the Kobo config file that allows that information to display.

#302  PeterT 03-23-2014, 06:28 PM
What error messages are you getting?

#303  maddz 03-23-2014, 06:38 PM
Apparently I have a malformed database - whether that's the Calibre database or the Kobo database I don't know... I suspect the former because it got seriously mucked up moving files in and out of Dropbox and the way I was handling file names (manual series information). The Kobo is only a couple of weeks old.

This is the error:

calibre, version 1.29.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 86, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 490, in _books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 1781, in books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 1656, in get_bookshelvesforbook
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed

#304  PeterT 03-23-2014, 06:48 PM
Nope... that means the Kobo database is corrupted. Easiest way to fix it is to just "logout" on the device; go to Settings | Accounts and select "Sign out" next to the Kobo account. This will delete the Kobo database, but will not change the firmware.

You will have to redo the setup though on the device.

Books loaded via calibre will not be removed from the device and will be re-added to the database after setup is completed.

Books loaded via WiFi or Kobo Desktop will be readded the next time you either sync via WiFi or attach the Touch to the PC with Kobo Desktop active.

#305  maddz 03-23-2014, 07:20 PM
Finally! It worked AND my shelves are populated... Now all I've got to do is restore the series info to the title plugboard. That'll have to wait until next weekend now - it's past my bedtime.

Thanks for the help!

#306  hoichi 03-24-2014, 05:54 AM
Quote PeterT
Nope... that means the Kobo database is corrupted. Easiest way to fix it is to just "logout" on the device; go to Settings | Accounts and select "Sign out" next to the Kobo account. This will delete the Kobo database, but will not change the firmware.

You will have to redo the setup though on the device.

Books loaded via calibre will not be removed from the device and will be re-added to the database after setup is completed.

Books loaded via WiFi or Kobo Desktop will be readded the next time you either sync via WiFi or attach the Touch to the PC with Kobo Desktop active.
Thanks! I didn't know you could do it without factory reset, and given that I run an older firmware with a few patches, the process was kinda tedious.

EDIT: Whoops. I forgot you can't setup your Kobo without syncing and, obviously, updating. Well, I was curious about that 3.2.0 anyway

#307  nathan.grewal 03-24-2014, 06:33 PM
Can I get Android on my touch?

#308  KevinNash 04-29-2014, 03:46 PM
Quote 93terp
It seems that, starting with the 3.1.0 fw upgrade, this trick no longer works to manually refresh the screen. Has anyone found a new way to manually refresh that works with 3.1.x?
Hi, same thing for me with 3.2.0 fw, Kobo HD, any idea to manually refresh the page ?

#309  Rabbition 09-16-2014, 01:10 PM
Hello,

Not long ago, I read that you can change the volume of the light meter /when tapping it/ from 10 levels to a smaller number. Can please someone link this topic or do tell..

Thanks very much

#310  DNSB 09-16-2014, 02:08 PM
Quote Rabbition
Hello,

Not long ago, I read that you can change the volume of the light meter /when tapping it/ from 10 levels to a smaller number. Can please someone link this topic or do tell..

Thanks very much
For firmware 3.8.0 check this thread: Instructions for patching firmware 3.8.0 in the Kobo Developer's Corner. There are similar threads for older firmware as well.

Regards,
David

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (31/37)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register