Mobileread
The Ultimate Kobo Tips & Tricks Thread
#121  robko 04-15-2011, 01:36 PM
Quote amandaarlene
My question is can you remove or disable the quotes that come up when loading a ebook
Thanks
Sorry but the answer is NOPE.

#122  dmacmart 05-26-2011, 09:03 AM
Bypass iTunes requirement!

Copy the file to a dropbox folder, open dropbox on your iDevice, navigate to the required file, and open it. Dropbox will be unable to but use the "open" icon (box with arrow sticking out) and "Open in Kobo". You can then delete them using the Kobo app. SO MUCH BETTER than iTunes.

My tests failed to open a library ePub in Overdrive or in Kobo on my iPhone. You can use Overdrive to download from your library account but you can't then read it in the Kobo app.

#123  3d0g 05-26-2011, 12:38 PM
Quote dmacmart
Bypass iTunes requirement!

Copy the file to a dropbox folder, open dropbox on your iDevice, navigate to the required file, and open it. Dropbox will be unable to but use the "open" icon (box with arrow sticking out) and "Open in Kobo". You can then delete them using the Kobo app. SO MUCH BETTER than iTunes.

My tests failed to open a library ePub in Overdrive or in Kobo on my iPhone. You can use Overdrive to download from your library account but you can't then read it in the Kobo app.
But kobo has no business relationship with dropbox, and considering dropboxes security is an utter train wreck and their reputation is going down the crapper by the minute, said relationship is probably very unwise.

I'll bet dropbox is a gonner in 12 months.

#124  gyuen 05-27-2011, 09:05 PM
has anyone tried any hacks to add additional fonts? ePub embedding seems like it'd work but it'd be nice to have others as well. I currently have a Sony but it seems like the new Kobo would be a nice replacement.

#125  plaid 05-28-2011, 11:02 AM
Quote 3d0g
But kobo has no business relationship with dropbox, and considering dropboxes security is an utter train wreck and their reputation is going down the crapper by the minute, said relationship is probably very unwise.

I'll bet dropbox is a gonner in 12 months.
This will only happen if people start actually being concerned enough over security. In this day and age, it seems that convenience wins over security almost every time - at least for personal stuff. All of the privacy issues that keep coming up about facebook haven't made much of an impact on it's popularity.

#126  3d0g 05-28-2011, 12:59 PM
Sad but true plaid.

#127  JSWolf 05-28-2011, 02:09 PM
Quote gyuen
has anyone tried any hacks to add additional fonts? ePub embedding seems like it'd work but it'd be nice to have others as well. I currently have a Sony but it seems like the new Kobo would be a nice replacement.
Let's hope that Kobo has fixed the ePub font embedding in the new model. In the previous two models, font embedded is seriously buggy

#128  3d0g 05-28-2011, 09:41 PM
Quote JSWolf
Let's hope that Kobo has fixed the ePub font embedding in the new model. In the previous two models, font embedded is seriously buggy
Déjà poo.

#129  JSWolf 05-28-2011, 10:29 PM
Quote 3d0g
Déjà poo.

Do you have your pooper scooper for when you take yourself for a walk?

#130  girlsmom 06-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Help Please
I can't open any books downloaded from the library. They download fine. I can open and read them in Adobe. They look like they have transferred to the Kobo, but just get stuck loading. And the Kobo just freezes there.
Any suggestions??
Thanks so much

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (13/31)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register