Mobileread
Adobe ADEPT DRM for EPUB circumvented
#301  cybook_gen3 08-10-2009, 08:52 AM
Quote peterbb69
I keep getting this error message when trying to decrypt an epub file I purchased from diesel-ebooks.com.
What does it mean, am I doing something wrong?
If I send the key and epub file to someone can they try to decrypt it for me.
Thanks.
I just get the same error message :
1) I extract the key with ineptkey.pyw (v3) and get an adeptkey.der file of 608 bytes
2) Then I try to remove the DRM from the epub file with ineptpdf.pyw (v2)
3) And it fails with the error : "Error : Unexpected EOF"
The message occurs on nextline() function with linepos variable value 970.630.
The ebook is 970.691 bytes long.

Some informations on the ebook :
- I bought it 2 days ago from a French retailer
- and I can read it both on my PC and on my MAC with ADE 1.7.1
- I don't want to activate my Opus device, so I can't read it on the Opus

By the way, the ineptpdf.pyw script only proposes to list PDF files, not the epub ones. Is this the normal behavior ?

#302  AxelK 08-10-2009, 08:58 AM
How can you decrypt an epub file with ineptpdf.pyw ?
As the name implies, it is therefor PDF files and in the file selector box also only allows to select PDF files. You should use ineptepub.pyw.

#303  cybook_gen3 08-10-2009, 09:03 AM
Quote AxelK
How can you decrypt an epub file with ineptpdf.pyw ?
As the name implies, it is therefor PDF files and in the file selector box also only allows to select PDF files. You should use ineptepub.pyw.
You're right, but it wasn't so clear on http://i-u2665-cabbages.blogspot.com/2009/02/circumventing-adobe-adept-drm-for-epub.html

Where can I find ineptepub.pyw ?

NOTE TO MYSELF :
I should stop asking questions where the answer is easy to find on google ;;;

#304  moespook 08-19-2009, 07:10 PM
Hi there,

I'm new here and found mobiread forum searching for a way to read an drm'ed epub ebook I accidentally bought on my bebook. After having spend 2 nights reading through this topic and trying different stuff and not being succesfull I finally managed it! I'm very proud of myself as I'm not exactly a computer wiz Thanks for having all the info which helped me.

#305  krischik 08-20-2009, 03:29 AM
Quote cybook_gen3
NOTE TO MYSELF :
I should stop asking questions where the answer is easy to find on google ;;;
Actually I don't think it is all that easy to get hold of the files. Pastebin regularly deletes them. There is a torrent - but no official tracker any more. Only If you google for the exact file name or the torrent hash then you might strike it lucky.

Martin

#306  EMR 08-23-2009, 12:54 AM
I don't know how to use scripts and/or command prompt.

I purchased an ebook online and I can't get Adobe digital edition to open it.

Could anyone help out the cmd.exe inept like myself?

I've downloaded the python stuff......but?

#307  pilotbob 08-23-2009, 02:58 AM
Quote EMR

I purchased an ebook online and I can't get Adobe digital edition to open it.

Could anyone help out the cmd.exe inept like myself?

I've downloaded the python stuff......but?
Of course, if you can't open the ebook in ADE I don't think INEPT can help you? What happens when you try to read in in ADE on your PC?

BOb

#308  wallcraft 08-23-2009, 10:43 AM
Quote EMR
A big advantage of .pyw scripts is that they don't need the command line. I suggest copying the ineptkey and ineptepub scripts into your ebook directory, they should show up with the yellow and blue python icon (if not, first install python). Just run them via the mouse as you would any other Windows application.

As pilotbob said, it will only work if you have a functioning Adobe Digital Editions and ebooks that ADE can read.

#309  EMR 08-23-2009, 05:26 PM
Quote pilotbob
Of course, if you can't open the ebook in ADE I don't think INEPT can help you? What happens when you try to read in in ADE on your PC?

BOb
Thanks for replying pilotbob. Here's the short version of it. I purchased an ebook from an online store. I needed to download Adobe DE to read it. So I downloaded the link from the bookstore and used ADE to actually download the entire book. Everything worked fine and I could view the book with ADE on my desktop. Then I tried to DL the book on my laptop and I installed ADE on that also. But I couldn't open the ebook because I had to "authorize" both ADE editions for the desktop and laptop. So after uninstalling/reinstalling ADE about 20 times on both computers, I've managed to not read the book on either computer.

I've been emailing the bookstore for more than 10 days. It's been a nightmare. I have the actual book in pdf format (around 3200 KB). I just thought if I could crack the DRM so I don't need ADE, I could actually read the thing on multiple computers.

If you can help, I'd much appreciate it.

EMR

#310  EMR 08-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Quote wallcraft
A big advantage of .pyw scripts is that they don't need the command line. I suggest copying the ineptkey and ineptepub scripts into your ebook directory, they should show up with the yellow and blue python icon (if not, first install python). Just run them via the mouse as you would any other Windows application.

As pilotbob said, it will only work if you have a functioning Adobe Digital Editions and ebooks that ADE can read.
I don't think that the ADE will read the book, as I explained above. I was always getting the "error getting license" message anytime the book would try and dowload.

I was just googling "how to remove DRM on Adobe digital editions ebooks" and I came across this forum. Sam the Eagle, seemed to have given the explicit detailed step by step instructions as to how to accomplish this on this post:
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=81

but the important stuff was deleted per forum rules. That's exactly what I need.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (31/97)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register