Mobileread
Latest MobiDeDRM Patch
#1  pdurrant 12-17-2008, 05:25 PM
[edited January 2010]

Anyone wanting to remove DRM from ebooks should use google to find Apprentice Alf's blog.

Source code lines removed. Please don't post them here in the forums. -- Alex

#2  nohmi2 12-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Quote pdurrant
Thanks to a sample of a Mobipocket ebook for which MobiDeDRM 0.04 didn't work properly, I've made a slight adjustment to the code. The new code should work with all the ebooks that 0.04 worked with, and a few more.

For Mac users I have two useful AppleScripts. The first will take MobiDeDRM 0.02 and patch it to MobiDeDRM 0.05. The second, when MobiDeDRM.py is added to the package, will give drag & drop unlocking of Mobipocket files.

For Windows and Linux, I have a diff files created with the standard POSIX diff on Mac OS X 10.5.6, and when used with the standard patch tool on MobiDeDRM 0.02 should produce version 0.05.

For those who were happy with the line-by-line instructions, I have new ones here. I've reversed the order (last line patched first) to make the line numbers constant while patching.
I have gone into Active Python, and I am afraid that I am still flummoxed about how to even start correcting MobiDeDRM4.py.
Smart, I'm not...willing to try, I am.
Please help(don't even know about the line numbers).

#3  devinoneill1 12-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Pdurrant
I've been having some difficulty with your mobidedrm002to005 script, I pm'd you about it
but maybe there's an applescript pro who can walk my dumb @$$ though it in the mean time.

#4  daviddem 12-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Good job dude. Are you starting work on epub and lrf any time soon?

#5  pdurrant 12-18-2008, 02:27 AM
I didn't do any of the hard work in the Mobipocket decoder code, just fixed a few minor bugs.

Paul

Quote daviddem
Good job dude. Are you starting work on epub and lrf any time soon?

#6  Justy 12-19-2008, 01:36 PM
This sounds like a great patch. Is it possible to post the lines of code in a different thread, perhaps the "Mobipocket Decoder Tool" thread where the Admins seem to have accepted code in the past? Or in a Wiki so that we can see them again?

#7  pdurrant 12-19-2008, 05:30 PM
I'm reluctant to repost anything that has been removed from Mobileread. The administrators have to make a judgement as to what's permissible.

It is much better to have the Mobileread forums without the Mobipocket Unlocker code, than to have no Mobileread forums at all.

Paul

without
Quote Justy
This sounds like a great patch. Is it possible to post the lines of code in a different thread, perhaps the "Mobipocket Decoder Tool" thread where the Admins seem to have accepted code in the past? Or in a Wiki so that we can see them again?

#8  FizzyWater 12-19-2008, 08:43 PM
I didn't see your original post, but I thought the update from 003 to 004 was posted with as little code as possible, for example:

[line 25] replace "a@18" with "a@@18"

But maybe you already were cryptic?

#9  devinoneill1 12-19-2008, 11:43 PM
I'm really dying here guys. I have no idea what I'm doing with this applescript for mobidedrm002to05. Is there anyway somebody can walk me through running it?
I'm sure its all my slow headedness, but when I try to put the code in applescript editor I get error messages stating unexpected characters, end of line expected something or other.
Any Suggestions?
Thanks,
Devin

#10  wallcraft 12-20-2008, 12:06 AM
Quote devinoneill1
I'm really dying here guys.
The best place to start to look for copies of MobiDeDRM python scripts is in the responses to DarkReverser's Weblog. Since 0.05 is new, start with the most recent responses.

Next »  Last »  (1/7)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register