Mobileread
Aura HD Kobo Aura HD wireless connecting to Calibre
#1  Benensam 12-11-2015, 04:05 AM
Hello,
I would like to transfer ebooks by wifi using Calibre. But the 'sent to device' button is not highlighted. So I assume that my Kobo reader is nog connected via wifi to my imac or Calibre.
Does someone knows how to connect my Kobo reader to Calibre by wifi?
When I use my usb-cable , the 'sent to device' button is highlighted and it works.
Thanks for your answer!

#2  mbovenka 12-11-2015, 04:27 AM
Quote Benensam
Hello,
I would like to transfer ebooks by wifi using Calibre.
That's not possible, at least not with the stock software.

If you install Kobo Start Menu & CoolReader it will work with the Wireless Device (like Calibre Companion does). You could also install Android & Calibre Companion.

But without major surgery like that it can't be done.

#3  simond 12-11-2015, 05:40 AM
Quote mbovenka
That's not possible, at least not with the stock software.

If you install Kobo Start Menu & CoolReader it will work with the Wireless Device (like Calibre Companion does). You could also install Android & Calibre Companion.

But without major surgery like that it can't be done.
Unfortunately

#4  meeera 12-11-2015, 07:01 AM
Quote Benensam
Hello,
I would like to transfer ebooks by wifi using Calibre. But the 'sent to device' button is not highlighted. So I assume that my Kobo reader is nog connected via wifi to my imac or Calibre.
Does someone knows how to connect my Kobo reader to Calibre by wifi?
You can use the Calibre Content Server. In Calibre, go to Connect/share and choose Start Content Server. When you then click Connect/share again, it will show you the IP and port to use.

Then go to the browser on your device, and use the URL http://theIPaddress:8080/
(don't type "theIPaddress", type the IP address in)

You can then browse and download the books onto your device.

#5  mbovenka 12-11-2015, 07:45 AM
Quote meeera
You can use the Calibre Content Server.
True, I forgot about that. That will work (I've done it with my HD once).

#6  Ken Maltby 12-11-2015, 03:57 PM
Adding the Kobo Start Menu and the alternative readers KOReader and Coolreader, is hardly "major surgery".

KOReader includes OPDS support (for using the calibre content server, right within the reading program) and a calibre companion like plugin, also.

Luck;
Ken

#7  Ad2 12-23-2015, 07:16 PM
I followed the steps outlined above by meeera but cannot connect successfully. When I input the IP address etc the browser just brings up the message "Unknown - Use precise location".

I use Calibre with my Kobo Aura HD (the 6.5 inch model) and the latest firmware. Connecting via cable is successful but would prefer to download books from Calibre to my Kobo using wifi.

Thanks

#8  davidfor 12-23-2015, 07:53 PM
Quote Ad2
I followed the steps outlined above by meeera but cannot connect successfully. When I input the IP address etc the browser just brings up the message "Unknown - Use precise location".
That's a message from Google as the device doesn't supply a location for it's searches. What exactly are you entering and where?

#9  Ad2 12-23-2015, 09:38 PM
Hi david

I open the browser and type in the address bar:

http://10.0.0.70:8080/

The 10.0.0.70 and the port 8080 I got from Calibre by clicking on Connect/share then Start Content Server. I also clicked 'ok' on Start wireless device connection.

#10  Blossom 12-24-2015, 12:00 AM
I use Dropbox via the web browser to grab books. It works okay.

Next »  Last »  (1/4)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register