Mobileread
Mini Blinking green led + blank screen
#1  okman 02-07-2013, 06:23 PM
Hello all !

I was messing with my Kobo & the KoboRoot.tgz in order to enable telnet and ftp stuff but...

After disconnecting the first time > Updating...
Then reboot...
And nothing, just a blank screen et blinking green led.

What are my options ?
- Doing a Hard reset ? But how do you do it ?
- Try to restore a sdcard img with the "dd" command ? But how can I find these glorious images ?

Best regard & thx for helping my Kobo
(I'm sad when my pixie face is not visible !)

Solved EDIT (for people like me hacking Kobo without knowledge :P):
In here : http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=13

#2  robko 02-07-2013, 08:33 PM
Quote okman
What are my options ?
- Doing a Hard reset ? But how do you do it ?
If there is any chance that your power was low I would charge it for a bit first. Then hold the power button on for 10-15 seconds to make sure the device is truly off. Since the Mini doesn't appear to have any other buttons, press and hold paperclip in the reset hold and turn the power switch on (with a Touch you could try holding the home button or a Glo holding the light button too).

#3  okman 02-08-2013, 02:28 AM
I did try this trick but it didn't work.
Led turns green, blue, and same blinking green light.

Battery was near to 100% when I had this problem.

#4  Mrs_Often 02-08-2013, 07:56 AM
According to here, blinking green is a 'simple' software problem.

Quote Customer
The green light of my kobo mini will not stop flashing what should I do?
Quote expert
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX XXXX Expert and I am happy to be working with you today. Let's see if we can get your problem resolved!

This may be a simple software problem. Reload the system software by pressing and holding the power switch for 20 seconds. The Kobo should come back online within 3 minutes. Let me know if it doesn't work.

#5  okman 02-08-2013, 08:33 AM
Quote Mrs_Often
According to here, blinking green is a 'simple' software problem.
I saw this post and tried it too but no result, just blinking green light after doing it :-/

#6  Mrs_Often 02-08-2013, 09:14 AM
Gah how annoying. Have you contacted Kobo? Maybe there's a secret hard reset option for the mini we don't know about yet.

Otherwise, it's open up the mini and get the uSD card out.

#7  okman 02-08-2013, 09:39 AM
Quote Mrs_Often
Gah how annoying. Have you contacted Kobo? Maybe there's a secret hard reset option for the mini we don't know about yet.

Otherwise, it's open up the mini and get the uSD card out.
No contact with Kobo yet but I'll try if there is not another solution...
I can get µSD card out but what do I do with it without image to restore ?

Thx for helping me btw !

#8  paola 02-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Quote Mrs_Often
As far as I am aware, if you open the Kobo's back cover (without unscrewing anything, just remove the customizable back cover), there is a reset button that can be pressed. That is what I thought the hard reset is on a Mini - but perhaps you were thinking of something else?

#9  okman 02-08-2013, 09:57 AM
Quote paola
As far as I am aware, if you open the Kobo's back cover (without unscrewing anything, just remove the customizable back cover), there is a reset button that can be pressed. That is what I thought the hard reset is on a Mini - but perhaps you were thinking of something else?
It's, I think, just soft reset button.
I want to force it to restore (if possible) software in hidden partition... factory reset.

#10  Mrs_Often 02-08-2013, 11:21 AM
I can't find how to hard reset the mini with the hardware anywhere.

I assume you've tried plugging the mini in? Sometimes that gives it a boost and makes it start up.

And, have you tried plugging it in and then doing all the reset options (so, soft reset by putting a pin in the whole, and harder reset by sliding & holding until off, then putting and holing pin in hole, then sliding power on)?

If nothing works I'd ask Kobo directly for the hard reset with hardware. And if they say there isn't one you'll have to ask a kind person with a mini to give you an image of "the" partition... There doesn't seem to be one circulating yet for the mini.

Edit: Oh, there are people that actually have an image: http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=193321
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=193411

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register