Mobileread
Arc Ask Me Anything: Developer on Kobo Arc
#1  FaisalAbid 12-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Hi guys. Im glad to see many of you loving your Kobo Arc.

The team worked really hard on it and we are humbled that you enjoy the device. After all its because of you guys we love getting up in the morning and do what we do!

Feel free to ask me anything technical regarding your device or Android in general.

p.s There is a kobo easter egg on the device! Find it if you can!

#2  kstearns 12-06-2012, 06:09 PM
I would like to know if it can be viewed outdoors. I have a Asus TF101 but it is barely viewable/readable out of doors in the sunlight. Thank you.

#3  Kobo-Robin 12-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Quote FaisalAbid
Hi guys. Im glad to see many of you loving your Kobo Arc.

The team worked really hard on it and we are humbled that you enjoy the device. After all its because of you guys we love getting up in the morning and do what we do!

Feel free to ask me anything technical regarding your device or Android in general.

I have a question. Who let you out of your cage?

#4  JD Gumby 12-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Quote FaisalAbid
Well, there's the KoboEaster (version 1.0, 44KB) app hanging around in the app list. Obviously we need to figure out how to run it. Can't be arsed to, though.

#5  RareBird 12-07-2012, 06:55 AM
Is it a chocolate Easter egg? A little early (or late depending on your point of view) isn't it? Sorry couldn't resist.

#6  coreslogic 12-07-2012, 10:36 AM
I have a question regarding sharing using Wifi direct.

I was able to connect to the tablet from my s3 using wifi direct but it says file sharing is not available when I try to share pictures/videos over.

I had to end up relying on sharing via Office Suite Pro 6.5 Wifi Direct to get the job done. Am I missing a trick here or it is intended to disallow native wifi direct file sharing? Thanks!

#7  tinted_tictac 12-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Hi FaisalAbid,

Thanks for taking the time to ask and answer our questions.

What are the chances that we will eventually get the option to disable the Discovery bar and reclaim the real estate?

#8  FaisalAbid 12-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote RareBird
Is it a chocolate Easter egg? A little early (or late depending on your point of view) isn't it? Sorry couldn't resist.
Haha! if you find it, ill figure out how to send you a chocolate!

Hint: It's somewhere on the tapestries itself!

#9  FaisalAbid 12-07-2012, 12:05 PM
Hi CoresLogic, let me ask around on your question and get back to you.

Quote coreslogic
I have a question regarding sharing using Wifi direct.

I was able to connect to the tablet from my s3 using wifi direct but it says file sharing is not available when I try to share pictures/videos over.

I had to end up relying on sharing via Office Suite Pro 6.5 Wifi Direct to get the job done. Am I missing a trick here or it is intended to disallow native wifi direct file sharing? Thanks!

#10  JD Gumby 12-07-2012, 12:18 PM
Quote tinted_tictac
Hi FaisalAbid,

Thanks for taking the time to ask and answer our questions.

What are the chances that we will eventually get the option to disable the Discovery bar and reclaim the real estate?
Reclaiming the space is impossible at the moment - but you can go into Settings->Apps->All and disable the DiscoveryService app. The Discover bar & label will remain, but it won't be populated with anything.

Next »  Last »  (1/30)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register