Mobileread
Just Bought the CRAIG Android 7" Tablet from CVS
#181  TeKef 03-27-2011, 05:06 PM
My Craig is stuck!! I get the following error message "SORRY! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again". When I press on "Force Close" it just pops right back up. It's a viciuos loop. Please help.

#182  bhartman36 03-27-2011, 05:18 PM
Quote TeKef
My Craig is stuck!! I get the following error message "SORRY! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again". When I press on "Force Close" it just pops right back up. It's a viciuos loop. Please help.
Have you tried flipping the power switch off and booting again? If worse comes to worse, you could always reflash it with the firmware. That will bring it back to life. When did you start experiencing the problem?

#183  TeKef 03-27-2011, 05:58 PM
Yes, I've rebooted a few times and still the problem. The error message pops right back up. This started yesterday after loading some of the software I was following directions on from here. The z4Root and the Better Terminal Pro
How do I reflash it to bring it back to life - right now it's just dead.

you could always reflash it with the firmware. That will bring it back to life. When did you start experiencing the problem?

#184  bhartman36 03-27-2011, 06:13 PM
Quote TeKef
Yes, I've rebooted a few times and still the problem. The error message pops right back up. This started yesterday after loading some of the software I was following directions on from here. The z4Root and the Better Terminal Pro
How do I reflash it to bring it back to life - right now it's just dead.
Your first step is to download the RKUtils software. Then, using RKAndroiBatchUpgrade.exe from the RKAndroidBathUpgrade directory, point it to the upgrade.img file that you can get from this file. (You need to uncompress it before you put it on your Craig, obviously.) Once RKAndroidBatchUpgrade.exe runs, it should flash your Craig tablet. Then you should be good to go.

#185  jbaumgartner 03-27-2011, 10:06 PM
I noticed that on Craig's web site that there are the makers of the folowing android tablets. Does anyone know where their other models can be purchased?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WIRELESS 10 inch COLOR CAPACITANCE TOUCH SCREEN TABLET - CMP745
WIRELESS 10 inch COLOR TOUCH SCREEN TABLET - CMP744
WIRELESS 8 inch COLOR CAPACITANCE TOUCH SCREEN TABLET - CMP743
WIRELESS 8 inch COLOR TOUCH SCREEN TABLET - CMP742
WIRELESS 7 inch COLOR CAPACITANCE TOUCH SCREEN TABLET - CMP741
EBOOK WITH 7 inch COLOR DISPLAY - CMP739
WIRELESS 7 inch COLOR TOUCH SCREEN TABLET - CMP738B CVS
EPAD WITH 7 inch COLOR TOUCH DISPLAY - CMP738

#186  bhartman36 03-28-2011, 01:47 AM
Quote jbaumgartner
I noticed that on Craig's web site that there are the makers of the folowing android tablets. Does anyone know where their other models can be purchased?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WIRELESS 10 inch COLOR CAPACITANCE TOUCH SCREEN TABLET - CMP745
WIRELESS 10 inch COLOR TOUCH SCREEN TABLET - CMP744
WIRELESS 8 inch COLOR CAPACITANCE TOUCH SCREEN TABLET - CMP743
WIRELESS 8 inch COLOR TOUCH SCREEN TABLET - CMP742
WIRELESS 7 inch COLOR CAPACITANCE TOUCH SCREEN TABLET - CMP741
EBOOK WITH 7 inch COLOR DISPLAY - CMP739
WIRELESS 7 inch COLOR TOUCH SCREEN TABLET - CMP738B CVS
EPAD WITH 7 inch COLOR TOUCH DISPLAY - CMP738
I have no idea. AFAIK, those are new additions to the site. I'm not sure if we'll be seeing those in CVS or not.

#187  TeKef 03-28-2011, 11:02 AM
Quote bhartman36
Your first step is to download the RKUtils software. Then, using RKAndroiBatchUpgrade.exe from the RKAndroidBathUpgrade directory, point it to the upgrade.img file that you can get from this file. (You need to uncompress it before you put it on your Craig, obviously.) Once RKAndroidBatchUpgrade.exe runs, it should flash your Craig tablet. Then you should be good to go.
Do I download these to my PC first?

#188  Hardryve 03-28-2011, 11:17 AM
Quote TeKef
Do I download these to my PC first?
Yes.Download those to your desktop or somewhere you will remember.

#189  TeKef 03-28-2011, 11:45 AM
Quote bhartman36
Sure. It's not too tough at this point.

1) Download the custom ROM here. I'd stay away from the alpha ROM. It works, but getting it on your device takes a few extra steps. The ROM you probably want is this one.

2) Uncompress the file and rename it update.img

3) Go into Settings -> USB Mode. Make sure Host Mode is unchecked.

4) At that point, your computer should recognize it as a drive.

5) Copy that file to the root directory of the device.

6) Unplug the device from the USB cable. At this point, it should start the update process.

7) Once it's done and rebooted, go into Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications.

8) Press Menu > Filter > All

9) Clear Cache for - Checkin Service, Download Manager, Gmail, Google Talk Service and Market

10) Reboot Device

At that point, you should have a working tablet running Android 2.1, with access to the Android Market.

Let me know if you have any questions.
I just purchased a second Craig. I downloaded the Rom above but can't uncompress the file. Any help to uncompress it?

#190  TeKef 03-28-2011, 11:59 AM
Quote Hardryve
Yes.Download those to your desktop or somewhere you will remember.
I downloaded the files and cannot unzip them. How do unzip them. I tried winzip and get told it can open files with iso?

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (19/46)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register