Mobileread
Chapters/Indigo gift cards Announced!!!
#21  MikeLC 01-11-2011, 06:53 AM
Quote stodge
How do you have transfer them to a gift card to use on kobo?
Hi stodge,

You can use Chapters/Indigo gift cards on the kobo bookstore website, www.kobobooks.com as well as instore on our Kiosk systems you will however still need a valid Kobo bookstore account with a credit card on file to use gift cards. At the check out there is an option for Promo Codes and Gift Cards and it will ask for the Gift Card code and PIN number both of which are located on the back of the card.

Hope this helps

Michael

#22  The Terminator 01-12-2011, 01:17 AM
When can i use one without a credit card?(I don't have one)

#23  taming 01-12-2011, 03:01 AM
If i wanted to use the gift cards and didn't have a credit card, I think I'd be tempted to buy one of those prepaid credit cards, just so I had one to stick in there, and then only use the gift card, leaving the credit card unused. I'm assuming you would be going into a Chapters-Indigo store to buy the gift card, since you couldn't buy one of those on-line without a credit card, either.

#24  baronrus 01-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Quote taming
If i wanted to use the gift cards and didn't have a credit card, I think I'd be tempted to buy one of those prepaid credit cards, just so I had one to stick in there, and then only use the gift card, leaving the credit card unused. I'm assuming you would be going into a Chapters-Indigo store to buy the gift card, since you couldn't buy one of those on-line without a credit card, either.
I had a prepaid visacard that I tried to use to set up an amazon account and it wouldnt work because the pre paid visa is not linked to a verified billing address.

#25  taming 01-12-2011, 03:19 PM
The prepaid cards I have purchased through my own bank are associated with my address, I believe--and they are cheaper to use with the balance lasting longer etc.

#26  stodge 01-12-2011, 10:48 PM
I got three indigo gift cards for Christmas. I tried two on kobobooks.com and two didn't work for some reason. I transferred the balance on all three to my indigo account and then transferred the balance from there to one card, chosen at random. Kobo's site happily accepted this card. Weird!

« First  « Prev   (3/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register