Mobileread
PRS-650 Access to the Dictionary files
#11  Papi 02-03-2011, 06:02 AM
I didn't have much time to spend on this, but I'm more or less stuck now, the problem is to understand the structure of a MSD (BBeB dictionary) file. If it's anything like a LRF file, it should be something like a header and then compressed XML data if I understood correctly. Now it seems to me difficult to go further without knowing what's in the header first, like a "XOR key" if such thing was used, or the size of the compressed XML. I think the first progresses in understanding LRF structure was done by reverse engineering, creating basic LRF files and analyzing the output. I don't know of any software to create BBeB dictionary files though. I even tried to decompile FskBBeBDictionary.so, but IDA / Hex-Rays which could eventually give me some comprehensible C code costs way too much, the free version gives me only ASM code, and that's beyond my knowledge. So basically if anyone has any idea to go further...I heard there was a "Sony BBeB dictionary Viewer for Windows" software available at some point, but I can't find it, and I'm note sure it would be of any use anyway.

#12  Papi 02-03-2011, 06:03 AM
Quote Pumpa
I have all from 950 version. 150MB of size, contact me via PM.
Sorry I didn't saw your post before, and thanks for the help, but I already have an example of a MSD file.

#13  TJ27 04-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Papi
Sony BBeB dictionary Viewer include in japan software installation disk for Sony Clie TH55DK, Memory Stick dictionary and stanalone viewer for this.

#14  Papi 04-04-2011, 09:15 AM
I couldn't find a download of Sony BBeB dictionary Viewer, but I found a software called BBeB dictionary studio which should allow to create dictionaries. Though I thought as a first step I should try to replace a working dictionary with another one (for example : replacing Dutch -> English with English -> French) and it didn't work. When I double-tap a word (even words that existe in Dutch, French and English), no definition displays. I tried messing with the header of the msd file, with no result though.

#15  TJ27 04-04-2011, 09:39 AM
Papi
BBeb Dictionary studio worj in 'shiftJS' encoding (tittle, autor and words) - sony prs use unicode. Need big "path" bbebdic.dll
Official selling sony dictionary only japan -
And header working dictionary and "made in studio" - different, not only CDUS <-> FDJP
Only library.mbf work - i remove dictionary and mbf file edited correctly
I attach 'patched' bbedic.dll (only not need correct CDUS <-> FDJP)
[zip] BBeBDic.zip (20.9 KB, 241 views)

#16  Papi 04-04-2011, 10:03 AM
TJ27 : thanks for the info, though I didn't understand everything :

Quote TJ27
BBeb Dictionary studio worj in 'shiftJS' encoding (tittle, autor and words) - sony prs use unicode. Need big "path" bbebdic.dll
OK, I something was wrong in terms of encoding (I had to use Unicode BE as my CSV test encoding, else BBeB di studio would fail with a 616 error), but didn't know exactly what was going on.

Official selling sony dictionary only japan -
That's what I've concluded, so only a few are available, and most to and from Japanese I guess. That's a bit sad, since I don't think we can achieve the same quality with free dictionaries, if they are even available.

And header working dictionary and "made in studio" - different, not only CDUS <-> FDJP
Interesting, though it doesn't explain why I couldn't replace a built-in dictionary with another built-in dictionary. Maybe the mount --build trick doesn't work, that would explain I get no definition at all.

Only library.mbf work - i remove dictionary and mbf file edited correctly
I attach 'patched' bbedic.dll (only not need correct CDUS <-> FDJP)
This part I didn't understand :
- I know the library.mbf is used to reference the .msd files, but is there anything to edit there ? Does BBeB Studio create this file ?
- The patched bbedic.dll allows to create BBeB dictionary with correct header for the PRS devices ?
- Did you actually succeed implementing your own dictionaries in the PRS 350 ?
- Do you have more information on the MSD /MBF format ?

#17  TJ27 04-04-2011, 10:51 AM
No, i dont correct header for full compatible. Only patch for CDUS <-> FDJP. (veryfing header)
Mbf file automatic create after send (modify complection) dictionary from memorystick.
Insert any formatted usb flash disk (or card to cardreader), select destination to this device. Dictionary for studio : x:/ebook/bbeb/dic
For repalce - may be need mount full dict directory (see prs+), and modify .js script file
I bad know
being don't have correct(unicode) version studio - uselessly

#18  Mark Nord 04-04-2011, 11:10 AM
Hello,

I understand less then half of your discussion, but could setting bit 2 be of any help?
(Presumable using a dictionary in IM instead of the build in ones?)

Quote Papi
On another topic, in the kconfig.xml, there's the following line :
<variable name="dictionaryApplicationOnly" value="0"/> <!-- bit0:dicApp only, bit1:no Word Log, bit2:/Data/dictionary -->
Anyone knows more about this ?

#19  TJ27 04-04-2011, 11:51 AM
Quote Mark Nord
Hello,

I understand less then half of your discussion, but could setting bit 2 be of any help?
(Presumable using a dictionary in IM instead of the build in ones?)
May be need set 4 and put all dictionary to /Data/dictionary - visible root /dictionary
Tommorow probe this

#20  Papi 04-04-2011, 11:53 AM
OK I understand now. I didn't try the "send to memory stick functionality" so I didn't see the MBF file.
As for the replacement, I simply copied a modified version of the original English -> French directory into /opt1/dict, and then did a mount --bind to replace another dictionary (the Nederlands -> English one). I see no errors in the log, but got no successful result. I edited the modified dictionary to put the correct name inside (CDUS125D0000????), I even tried to copy the entire header (anything starting from the beginning to the name) from the target dictionary to the modified one, but that didn't work either. Now I will try to mv the original dictionary file, and copy my modified file as the original one, so I'm sure it's not mount --bind which causes a problem.
But even if that does work, it seems we are stuck with BBeB dic Studio working only with Shift JIS encoding, and that encoding has only "basic" letters, so no é à ç è ã ö, etc. So without a proper software to create a msd file, and without knowledge of the msd format, it seems hard to get a good functional dictionary. Maybe there's a way to implement the functionality using another dictionary format. I hope the PRS+ team succeed whatever the way.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/4)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register