Mobileread
Trouble logging in to Philly Free Library
#1  JSWolf 10-10-2010, 09:41 PM
I'm trying to log into the account I have at the Philadelphia Free Library and it's unable to do so. The error I get is...

We're sorry, but the specified library patron account information is not valid.

Details: (0) Your Library Card and PIN could not be validated at this time. Please visit or call your local branch of the Free Library for help in accessing this site
Is anyone else able to log in or not? I won't be able to contact the library until Tuesday due to Monday being a holiday in the US. I know the eBook I have ready won't expire until Tuesday afternoon. But still, this is annoying.

#2  JSWolf 10-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Never mind. It is working fine now.

#3  nookkatz 10-10-2010, 11:04 PM
I just tried and got right into my account. If I remember correctly, I was also logged into my account early this afternoon while putting books on my wish list.

#4  desertgrandma 10-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Quote JSWolf
I'm trying to log into the account I have at the Philadelphia Free Library and it's unable to do so. The error I get is...

Is anyone else able to log in or not? I won't be able to contact the library until Tuesday due to Monday being a holiday in the US. I know the eBook I have ready won't expire until Tuesday afternoon. But still, this is annoying.
I just remembered.......the same thing has happened to me once or twice.....and I was told this is a 'glitch' in the system and seems to happen on weekends, when traffic is highest. Worked great a couple of hours later.

Not the Philly Library.

#5  SeaBookGuy 10-10-2010, 11:27 PM
Overdrive has this problem every so often - you just have to try later.

#6  John F 10-11-2010, 12:47 PM
I was unable to get on Sunday also. I believe I read in the past that their site is down some time on Sundays for scheduled maintenance.

#7  LynnO 10-11-2010, 09:49 PM
I also remember reading somwhere on their main site that their system is down from 5 to 7 pm on Sundays, most likely eastern time since I'm sure their web site isn't set up for us paid suscribers. Sometimes I have problems with the site on Sunday nights, even after the scheduled times.

#8  luvshihtzu 10-12-2010, 03:35 AM
One Overdrive Library I use is down after midnight for maintenance until 7AM. As I am a bit of a night owl, I tend to run into the problem frequently.

#9  John F 10-16-2010, 04:58 PM
The following text is on the login page:
... Please note that this service is unavailable on Sundays from 5:15 - 7:30 p.m., EST

#10  SensualPoet 10-16-2010, 07:42 PM
Interesting ... I just got that sort of message too. Logins appear to handled here:

https://secure5.libraryreserve.com/your.library.here.etc

My message is:

"We're sorry, but the specified library patron account information is not valid.

Details: (1) There appears to be a problem with your library card. It is possible your card has expired and should be renewed."

It's possible this is true but I'm a normal active user. If it doesn't clear I suppose it's a trip to the library.

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register