Mobileread
What meteorological phenomenon (phenomena) affects you this day ?
#1  GeoffC 12-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Dry here, but cold....
No sign of snow forecast for Christmas.... (yet)

#2  ShortNCuddlyAm 12-21-2008, 12:09 PM
Dry, a slight chill on the air, some clouds.

#3  vivaldirules 12-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Yesterday, the high was 79 F and today it is 52. I'm happy but these "let's see how big a change we can make today" events make me wonder if marc isn't somehow in control. (looks at sky wondering if that's not a guy in a straw hat behind those clouds over there)

#4  desertgrandma 12-21-2008, 12:22 PM
Here in sunny Arizona, temp is at 52 f., (that would be 11 c?)
a beautiful, crisp morning.

I revel in these cool days, there are so few here.

#5  acprinter 12-21-2008, 12:26 PM
I live in the California Sierra Foothills. This morning it was 36 degrees with a very light rain. Much better than yeaterday, 22 degrees light rain and ice blanketing the streets.

Today is a good day as every day is to read a book.

Currently reading Passage To India.

#6  rebarnmom 12-21-2008, 12:42 PM
Today in the wintry Midwest it is -7 degrees F with a wind chill of
-37 degrees F. The winds out of the west are pushing 30 mph and we're under a blizzard warning. We already have a major covering of the white stuff on the ground! Winter hasn't officially begun, but you'd never know it here!

"Oh the weather outside is frightful, but inside it's so delightful..."

#7  DixieGal 12-21-2008, 01:01 PM
I crossed climates yesterday and barely left home. It was unnaturally warm yesterday morning, when we met the rock club for a field trip to north Ala to collect geodes. Around 70 degrees but drizzly. So (hum along) we had a great big convoy (stop humming) up I-65. 50 miles later, we ran into a fogbank at the edge of a cold front. 5 miles later, it was freezing cold and pouring rain. So, we turned around, since nobody likes geodes enough to collect them in the freezing rain and mud, right?

Back on the southern side of the cold front, it was weirdly tropically warm and humid, and the clouds were breaking up. And as soon as they broke up, it began to cool off and is cold today but sunny.

So that's something like about 3 climates in 24 hrs.

#8  Aurora W 12-21-2008, 01:09 PM
It's currently 76 and partly cloudy - in other words, really pretty weather.

Which I best not mention when I call home this afternoon - since it's about -4 F and snowing there today...

(I do wish it would cool off a little here - there's something unnatural about having to run the A/C in December)

#9  Elsi 12-21-2008, 01:44 PM
Yesterday started out in the 60s, was down to the low 40s by 17:00. Was 27 at 08:00 when we left the house for breakfast. At noon, it's come up to 35. (All temperatures in Fahrenheit, since that's what my digital thermometer displays.)

But! The sky is finally clear. There's a mild breeze -- we tend to have a continual breeze any way.

#10  Wetdogeared 12-21-2008, 03:08 PM
It's currently -3 C and snowing. All the shovelling we did yesterday has to be done again today. Doggie likes playing in it though. Glad we have a 4x4 truck to get around.

Next »  Last »  (1/1584)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register