Mobileread
Drag & Drop a cover image from Google Images Doesn't work
#11  JSWolf 07-05-2020, 05:09 AM
I just dragged/dropped an image from Google Images into the metadata editor (keyboard shortcut E) in Calibre 4.20 with no problem.

#12  ChrisMillward 07-05-2020, 05:28 AM
My Google is up to date.
Version 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Do you get this image search box?
It commandeers the drag operation.

#13  theducks 07-05-2020, 10:40 AM
Quote ChrisMillward
Believe me, I have tried to drag the enlarged image but as soon as I try to drag the image a box pops up with the following text

'Search by image'
'search Google with an image instead of text. Try dragging an image here'
'Drop image here'

I haven't found a way to disable this feature

That image says you are using Search by Image

That must be recently new from Google ??? (not a Calibre fixable issue )

Just ignore that and drop the image into Calibre (MDE or details pane) as usual. That still works NOT running either at full screen might help ( I run 2 Monitors, so I drag between screens and never deal with some single screen issues others see )

My (PI as shipped) Search uses the TITLE + Author to search Google for Images (to be honest, I have never used that 'look like this' image mode at Google
note: My menu has been customized (using the choice at the bottom) to limit all the choices.
Search the Internet.JPG STIresults.JPG 

#14  ChrisMillward 07-05-2020, 05:51 PM
That's the point, it won't let me ignore it and obviously it's not Calibre's fault. But, if you CAN drag and drop still then maybe there is something I can do to correct it. I thought other Calibre user's may have encountered the problem and be able to help. I have 2 screens (there's never enough space for everything!)but that doesn't help.

#15  DNSB 07-05-2020, 07:25 PM
Have you tried right click on the image, view image/open image in new tab and then dragging that image to calibre? Works for me using Chrome.

#16  theducks 07-05-2020, 08:17 PM
Quote ChrisMillward
That's the point, it won't let me ignore it and obviously it's not Calibre's fault. But, if you CAN drag and drop still then maybe there is something I can do to correct it. I thought other Calibre user's may have encountered the problem and be able to help. I have 2 screens (there's never enough space for everything!)but that doesn't help.
Calibre is on 1, Google on the other. D&D just works with Firefox

#17  ChrisMillward 07-06-2020, 03:03 AM
Just tried your suggestion, I don't get the box appear but the drag still fails. Incidentally, I have tried Microsoft Edge which uses the Bing browser, that also puts up a box offering to search for the image

#18  ChrisMillward 07-06-2020, 04:25 AM
That failed also, BUT I can drag an image to the desktop (or any other folder) and THEN drag it into Calibre! The image is copied not moved so remains on the desktop and you would have to delete them periodically.

#19  BetterRed 07-06-2020, 07:07 AM
Quote ChrisMillward
Just tried your suggestion, I don't get the box appear but the drag still fails. Incidentally, I have tried Microsoft Edge which uses the Bing browser, that also puts up a box offering to search for the image
Blink browser - Bing is MS's Googly thing.

Hows that!

BR

« First  « Prev   (2/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register