Mobileread
NOOK doesn't have recognizable folders
#21  Bookstooge 03-29-2020, 04:03 PM
Glad to hear the exchange went well and that the new one is working. Hope it has a long life :-)

#22  NonSkidSurface 03-29-2020, 05:43 PM
Quote Bookstooge
Glad to hear the exchange went well and that the new one is working. Hope it has a long life :-)
What a great forum! You guys are very supportive with suggestions and answers. I'll monitor the forum more often in case I can offer input.

#23  jguneysu 04-05-2020, 01:08 PM
Quote Calenorn
Be careful not to disconnect the NOOK from the computer too quickly after side-loading books. My Windows PC will show a pop-up message that it is safe to disconnect the device, but both NOOK and Kobo devices do take a little time to finish copying the files. Pull the plug too soon and you will corrupt the database.
Maybe too late to comment, but...

Yes, be careful disconnecting your Nook when using Calibre. I found that you need to go to Windows Explorer, select the Nook and "eject". Then go back to Calibre and eject through the Device icon. I had problems when I did it the other way around.

Also, I don't think you can load your own screensaver file on the Nook Glowlight. You could on the original Nook, but, I could not find a way to do it on my Glowlight. I think if you root the device you might be able to.

#24  Ryzir 04-05-2020, 09:52 PM
Quote jguneysu
Also, I don't think you can load your own screensaver file on the Nook Glowlight. You could on the original Nook, but, I could not find a way to do it on my Glowlight. I think if you root the device you might be able to.
Yes if you root you can set your own screensaver. I was able to set up my GL3 so that when I open a book using Calibre Companion it sets the book cover as the screensaver.

#25  NonSkidSurface 04-09-2020, 07:21 PM
About rooting - I would do it for several reasons, but I thought one had to have a card slot in order to root it. My Glowlight 3 doesn't have a card slot. Is there some way to (easily) root it?

#26  Ryzir 04-09-2020, 10:01 PM
Instructions for rooting GL3
https://forum.xda-developers.com/nook-touch/general/how-to-root-set-nook-glowlight-3-t3802331

#27  NonSkidSurface 04-10-2020, 05:14 AM
Thank you! I'll give it a try. It will be a few days before I can get started on it, though.

#28  HLS 04-23-2020, 11:30 PM
Quote JSWolf
The nook firmware is garbage and you'll need to root to do anything with it.
No its not. Nook is just fine

#29  ZodWallop 04-24-2020, 11:01 AM
Quote NonSkidSurface
Thank you! I'll give it a try. It will be a few days before I can get started on it, though.
Did you ever get your Glowlight 3 sorted? It's way too late to be of any help I guess. But here is a screenshot of what I see in Windows Explorer when I plug in my Glowlight 3.
Windows Explorer - Glowlight 3.png 

#30  Pajamaman 04-24-2020, 03:12 PM
I have a rooted Nook GL3. I have to use adb to access a lot of folders on the Nook (like koreader). But you should be able to dump books in without resorting to that and just using windows.

« First  « Prev   (3/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register