Mobileread
PRS-T2 Does not open newer epubs from Gutenberg
#21  stumped 03-25-2020, 03:50 PM
I probably wasted too much time on this already but curious to know- what's that one remaining error and is that the one that causes the crashes?

Did you put your fixed version into are, as a test or even onto a Sony?

#22  JSWolf 03-25-2020, 04:16 PM
Quote stumped
I probably wasted too much time on this already but curious to know- what's that one remaining error and is that the one that causes the crashes?

Did you put your fixed version into are, as a test or even onto a Sony?
What I got was a warning about and empty CSS class. I deleted it, cleaned the CSS and 135 classes were deleted from the HTML.

I found what is causing the crashes and it's something stupid. From 1.css delete what's in the code box. It's at the bottom of the CSS file.

Code
@media all { /* was @media handheld */
}
/* CSS rules copied from @style attributes in TEI file */
/**/

#23  stumped 03-25-2020, 04:24 PM
Interesting thanks.
most of that chunk is comments?
If /* Begins a comment , and */ ends one
Then all that is left is
@media all {
}
Not an expression I have ever met before

#24  jaapd 03-26-2020, 08:29 AM
Quote JSWolf
What I got was a warning about and empty CSS class. I deleted it, cleaned the CSS and 135 classes were deleted from the HTML.

I found what is causing the crashes and it's something stupid. From 1.css delete what's in the code box. It's at the bottom of the CSS file.

Code
@media all { /* was @media handheld */
}
/* CSS rules copied from @style attributes in TEI file */
/**/
Great! I removed it on the Emile Zola book and it worked!

I'll try the other book too. That one I converted to HTMLZ and back to EPUB and the book looked OK.

#25  jaapd 03-26-2020, 08:35 AM
The next book, Chr van Abkoude the same, I can read it now.
I'll inform the Gutenberg guys.

#26  theducks 03-26-2020, 09:45 AM
Quote pdurrant
Wasn't there some limit on individual file sizes inside the ePub on the Sony readers?
Yes! 260K, (the Calibre default).

I AVOID conversion when possible. It adds, deletes or changes things. (delete happens when the format does not support. eg fonts)
Instead, use the Calibre Editor: Debug (the Ladybug Icon).
When the error results show, you can try the Try to Fix All item at the bottom of the error description. That may do it. At least enough to get it to work

BTW The Debug reports WARNS if it finds a too large file

If it crashes the device before the cover displays, The cover has too high a resolution for old devices.
Resize the cover (resize cover PI) in Calibre then embed

Or run the Welcome Wizard and select the correct model. Then Send To Device will set a smaller cover (if needed)

« First  « Prev   (3/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register