Mobileread
Transfer ePub (no DRM) to Nook library?
#1  Lparsons21 12-22-2019, 07:22 PM
I just recently got the Glowlight 3 Plus while it was on sale. Like lots of things about it, but I can’t figure out how to move a non-DRM’d ePub file to the Nook library.

I got the file on my ipad, opened it in the iOS Nook app and did a sync. On the ipad fine but that’s the only place. Tried creating a shelf on the ipad and moving the file to it, but even the created shelf won’t show on the Glowlight or even a different ipad.

So what’s the secret? Note no computer available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

#2  Sirtel 12-22-2019, 09:44 PM
Only via USB, I'm afraid.

It's possible to root the Nook and install various apps on it, but you'll need the USB connection for that too, AFAIK, at least initially.

#3  Lparsons21 12-22-2019, 09:59 PM
Thanks. I was afraid that was going to be the answer. Wish they did something like Amazon’s “Send to Kindle”, just so easy.

#4  Deskisamess 12-23-2019, 08:51 AM
Is there a browser on the device? I see older articles online on accessing a "hidden" browser on the Glowlight by using the "share to Facebook" option from within a book. Maybe accessing an email account that way could work?

I've never had a nook, so my suggestion may be silly.

#5  Lparsons21 12-23-2019, 09:12 AM
That’s not a silly suggestion, but it wouldn’t work as it seems the software on the Glowlight really doesn’t have much of a file management system. Or if it does I haven’t figured out how to trick it. Nook seems to be the only one that has made it difficult to get books from elsewhere besides B&N.

Apple’s Books app is the easiest. Open the book in the Books app on one Apple device and soon it appears on all your Apple devices in Books.

Most other reader apps seems to have some variation on Kindles “send to Kindle” method.

#6  Lparsons21 12-23-2019, 10:16 AM
Interestingly the iOS app and iOS’s file management work better for the Nook app than does the Nook device.

On my iPad I had downloaded my free Tor book and put it into my iCloud account. Then I could open that book in the Nook app on that ipad. But it didn’t appear on any other device. I found today that using the Files app on the ipad there is a Nook folder in the “on my ipad” portion of that files app. So I went to my other ipad, opened the files app and copied the Tor book from the iCloud to the local Nook folder and it appears in the Nook app.

Of course it won’t sync since B&N isn’t aware that the book is there. Still haven’t found a non-computer method of getting a book from outside Nook Book selections onto the Nook device.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register