Mobileread
PRS-T1 Hangs when starting- please help
#11  fruit12 03-09-2014, 10:59 PM
Quote Teknikal
http://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...ing_and_Tweaks might be your best bet, never rooted myself as I've read nothing but problems from people who have I don't think the T1 really has the specs for it.
There appear to be fixes specific to different firmwares. My last firmware update was 1.0.05.1130. Afterwards I did factory reset.

Does the firmware change when factory reset is done? If yes then what is the firmware to which it is set? ( I cannot know current firmware on my Reader as it hangs during start up)

#12  Teknikal 03-10-2014, 05:07 AM
Quote fruit12
There appear to be fixes specific to different firmwares. My last firmware update was 1.0.05.1130. Afterwards I did factory reset.

Does the firmware change when factory reset is done? If yes then what is the firmware to which it is set? ( I cannot know current firmware on my Reader as it hangs during start up)
Really I don't know enough to help you I just knew about that page and figured if there is a fix it's likely there somewhere, wish you luck figuring it out and maybe someone more knowledgeable on it than me will pop up.

#13  entodoays 03-11-2014, 06:46 AM
I suspect you have a corrupted partition. Difficult to say which one.

You could use this procedure skipping steps 5 to 13.

I had a similar issue with mine and that procedure helped me.

#14  fruit12 03-13-2014, 12:36 AM
Thanks everybody for the suggestions.

The fix that worked for me is as follows:

Download file PRS-T1_SD_UPDATER_1.0.05.11130.exe from http://rghost.net/41929322

Instructions:
You will need a clean microsd card of at least 1GB.

0. unpack the archive to your microsd (in the root directory of the card should be OS Firmware)
1. press the button on the reader rezet
2. charging charging from the network until the red light goes off
3. insert the card microsd
4. pinch the Home button and Options (middle and right buttons)
5. press the power button without releasing the button held down
5. waiting for the inscription "Opening book" and the moment when the thermometer starts to run, and only then release the button
6. then should be lines on the screen, then the inscription "Updating", then blink again and the inscription "Updating", then reboot norms. mode
7. removing the card microsd

I found this on another forum. It worked for me.

#15  gandalfthewite 03-11-2020, 01:27 AM
Do you still have that file? I have an updater file of that version number but not the SD version. Since the reader won't boot all the way it won't detect as a drive (eg you don't have the option to select it to show up as a drive) and so the exe won't work for the regular updater.

I have looked everywhere online for this particular file, so this is a last desperate attempt that perhaps someone has it.

« First  « Prev   (2/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register