Mobileread
‘Life…With No Breaks’. 83% of people buy it…so why not join them?
#11  pshrynk 05-21-2010, 09:14 AM
Quote neilmarr
Statistics are contrived for misunderstanding, Dadio. I love 'em, largely because they're so flexible that misunderstanding them is 87.5% of the fun. I fear for people who do understand statistics. Because I suspect that, like quantum theory, anyone who understands statistics doesn't understand statistics. Neil
Lies!

Damned lies!

And statistics!

#12  neilmarr 05-21-2010, 09:31 AM
It's a sad fact, Wallcraft, that some retailers impose DRM. Sorry I don't know what percentage. Neil

#13  MV64 05-21-2010, 10:54 AM
Well, 75% of statistics are made up, so let's go with 75% of companies impose DRM.

#14  pshrynk 05-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Quote MV64
Well, 75% of statistics are made up, so let's go with 75% of companies impose DRM.
I'm pretty certain it was 63.7% of all statistics are made up.

#15  Dr. Drib 05-22-2010, 10:37 AM
Quote neilmarr
I'm no mathematician, but I went to that page and bought the book, so that's 100% of me. Bet eveyone else who bought the book find that 100% of them did, too. I was also 100 percent tickled pink by it, which is what counts. 100% of me also bough Dan Brown's *Lost Symbol* the day it came out and was 100% pissed off by it a day later. And it was hundreds of percent more expensive than Nick's which made my pissed offness 400% worse than it would have been had I been pissed off by *Life Without a Break*, which, of course, I wasn't. I'm currently 90% not pissed off with another MR member's book which I 100% bought at Smashwords the other day. Neil

That was 90% fun. Add DON Brown's "writing" to the list and I'll give you an additional 10%.

Don

#16  NickSpalding 05-27-2010, 01:51 PM
Time for a bump!

It's been a pretty good week for the book, with a total of six 5-star reviews now, and a visit into the top 500 Paid in Kindle Store rankings for the first time.

So, it's a big thanks to everyone who's bought Life...With No Breaks so far!

I hope that those of you who click through to the book's page on Amazon after reading this will find something they like too and give it a go

Here's a few excerpts from the most recent 5-star reviews:

"What a great read! It is well-written, witty, thought-provoking, and brilliantly funny. These stories really resonated with me (yikes! that's scary...) and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for something fun to read. Plus the price is obscenely low."

"I truly enjoyed your book, but more than that your stories. I really did laugh out loud at some, and chuckled at others. You've had some unusual things happen to you and the descriptions of the events are just hilarious."

"Read this book if you want a laugh. Spalding delivers. It's definitely worth the awesome price of 1.49. I'll definitely be on the look out for any other works by this author."

Life...With No Breaks Amazon
Life...With No Breaks Smashwords

#17  dlmartin6 05-27-2010, 03:48 PM
Hi All,

If you want to read an interview about Nick, it's now posted over at my blog
Two Ends of the Pen.

Nick is a very funny guy! I loved it.

Deb

« First  « Prev   (2/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register