Mobileread
Kobo future firmware feature request thread
#1851  twowheels 08-11-2020, 03:38 AM
Wouldn't that make other changes that might not be desirable?

#1852  davidfor 08-11-2020, 03:44 AM
Quote twowheels
Wouldn't that make other changes that might not be desirable?
Possibly, but, I cannot think of anything else it affects. It is one of those things you need to try and see if it suits you.

#1853  ready2read 08-15-2020, 01:19 PM
I would like the ability to bold side loaded fonts. For example the stock font Georgia has an Advanced feature. This is what I would like to see added for the side loaded fonts.

#1854  JSWolf 08-15-2020, 01:32 PM
Quote ready2read
I would like the ability to bold side loaded fonts. For example the stock font Georgia has an Advanced feature. This is what I would like to see added for the side loaded fonts.
Apply the patch to enable using the Advanced Font Control with side loaded TTF fonts.

#1855  koboy 08-15-2020, 01:56 PM
i'd like the option to be able to sort the whole collections list by recent. exactly the same as it can be done in authors/books.

best wishes koboy

#1856  John Hopper 08-15-2020, 05:47 PM
I would like predictive text on the virtual keyboard, which would make note taking much easier. Also stop the silly thing whereby pressing the x in the top right corner of a note deletes it, rather than exiting, as is universal practice everywhere else.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

#1857  MustardOrMayo 08-16-2020, 06:22 PM
Quote DNSB
You can try changing the locale to en_GB. In /.kobo/Kobo, edit the Kobo eReader.conf file and under [ApplicationPreferences] change the CurrentLocale string to =en_GB from whatever it is currently set to.
Code
[ApplicationPreferences]
CurrentLocale=en
Code
[ApplicationPreferences]
CurrentLocale=en_GB
I think you may have forgotten to mention that the e-reader needs to be restarted after that change.

Thanks! I use 24-hour time (despite the country I live in primarily using 12-hour time), but had to put up with 12 hour time and USA date formats (month before day) on my Kobo e-readers. Even more so with the new firmware 4.23 where the clock is even more visible! Now I can have 24 hour time AND UK date formats (day before month)!

I still wish Kobo made it an official option, or some developer on their e-reader team could throw together a GUI form and make it accessible from the "Beta Features" menu.

#1858  JAC70 08-24-2020, 09:02 PM
I'd love to see the page marker updated every page turn, so when I have a random freeze and have to reboot, it doesn't drop my back to when I first started reading.

#1859  MGlitch 08-24-2020, 09:10 PM
Quote JAC70
I'd love to see the page marker updated every page turn, so when I have a random freeze and have to reboot, it doesn't drop my back to when I first started reading.
Kepub does this. Epub likely wonÂ’t change to do this though

#1860  JAC70 08-25-2020, 02:37 PM
Quote MGlitch
Kepub does this. Epub likely won’t change to do this though
Mine doesn't, unless I've done something wrong. The KoboTouchExtended plugin seems to be exporting kepub.epub files as ordered, but a freeze and reboot always takes me back to where I started, not where it froze.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (186/187)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register