Mobileread
Opening Screen
#1  ov10fac 01-15-2019, 12:02 AM
Just got my Kindle 7 today. Have it all set up but when I open it I keep getting a screen advertising a TV show and no way to get rid of it. Anyone know how to eliminate this flash screen so it goes directly to my screen with apps viewable?

#2  theducks 01-15-2019, 03:59 PM
Did you pay for NO Ads?
Did you register the device to the same user that paid for it (with no ads)?

#3  badgoodDeb 01-16-2019, 01:26 PM
In the USA, at least, you can call Amazon (or start a chat with their help line) and pay $20 to remove the ads. Some people find it worthwhile to do that.

#4  Blossom 01-17-2019, 12:37 AM
I admit the video ads are the worse. They are buggy and can keep the device from unlocking while video is playing.

#5  AnemicOak 01-17-2019, 01:19 AM
Quote badgoodDeb
In the USA, at least, you can call Amazon (or start a chat with their help line) and pay $20 to remove the ads. Some people find it worthwhile to do that.
In the US you can also easily remove them from the website. The cost I'm seeing right now to remove them from my Fire 7 (2015) is $15.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=kinw_myk_dtcp_help?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200671290

#6  Little.Egret 01-17-2019, 06:38 PM
Quote ov10fac
Just got my Kindle 7 today. Have it all set up but when I open it I keep getting a screen advertising a TV show and no way to get rid of it. Anyone know how to eliminate this flash screen so it goes directly to my screen with apps viewable?
See other posts.

But are you saying you can't get to the home screen (press the bottom circle icon) or the For You screen (triangle icon) ?

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register