Mobileread
Lenovo Yoga Book c930
#1  MaxT 09-05-2018, 01:44 PM
What do you think of the new Lenovo Yoga Book c930? Will it be possible to use as a notebook? The last model was awful and stuck into sleep mode and had to be restarted when not used for a while.

#2  beachwanderer 09-06-2018, 05:22 AM
Yes, I would like to see some thoughts about this popping up here too.
Another go at a class of devices that never really got off the ground (like that good old -enTourage eDGe- ...)?

#3  Sweetpea 09-06-2018, 06:53 AM
From what I understand, it's a laptop (notebook, whatever you want to call it...), with a decent intel processor and an e-ink screen instead of a fixed keyboard. I'm very interested in this thing myself!

#4  pabloso 09-07-2018, 05:19 PM
I fear that the app for notes is too poor and limited.
The only positive thing is the conversion of handwritten notes to text.

#5  kndlewis 10-20-2018, 06:43 PM
I picked up this model this morning and have been setting things up all day.
It's a very nice little laptop and so far I'm pleased with it.
The eink reader is pretty crude at this time but they have promised updates.
The pen works as well on the lcd as the eink so you can use one note or whatever program you like.
It seems the main advantage of having an eink keyboard is keeping the whole laptop so thin.
Very nice unit. Quality made. Everything seems to be working well.

#6  Sweetpea 10-31-2018, 07:27 AM
Quote kndlewis
I picked up this model this morning and have been setting things up all day.
It's a very nice little laptop and so far I'm pleased with it.
The eink reader is pretty crude at this time but they have promised updates.
The pen works as well on the lcd as the eink so you can use one note or whatever program you like.
It seems the main advantage of having an eink keyboard is keeping the whole laptop so thin.
Very nice unit. Quality made. Everything seems to be working well.
What specs does your version have? I know there are supposedly two versions, and I've read of one that it is rather slow.

#7  kndlewis 11-01-2018, 10:07 AM
I have the core i5 with 256 HD.
This is the model that was released first, at least in my area and the only spec available at this time.
The other one, the m3 (gen 7) should be fine for email, web and of course, calibre. I have a m3 (gen 6) in a samsung tablet that performs fine for what it's used for.

#8  Philippe D. 11-06-2018, 03:47 PM
I'm pretty curious about this kind of device myself - but in my case, it would only be useful if it could replace my current laptop, so I'm afraid the lack of a true keyboard will be a problem (the mechanical feedback of a keyboard is important, in my experience).

But, just in case - I'll stay tuned for any information

#9  Sweetpea 11-08-2018, 02:55 AM
Quote Philippe D.
I'm pretty curious about this kind of device myself - but in my case, it would only be useful if it could replace my current laptop, so I'm afraid the lack of a true keyboard will be a problem (the mechanical feedback of a keyboard is important, in my experience).

But, just in case - I'll stay tuned for any information
I don't even like the keyboard on my HP work laptop (a huge 17" thing). I have a mechanical keyboard that I use instead.

The lack of memory is my biggest problem with it (and the reason I haven't bought it yet). I really do want that 8Gb....

#10  kndlewis 11-09-2018, 09:59 AM
The flat screen keyboard will limit the productivity value for a lot of people. The 4 gb ram is quite sufficient when you take serious productivity off the table.
The whole unit is incredibly compact for a full-service laptop. I think that's the biggest advantage. Whether that's enough to justify the cost is entirely up to the individual. I like it. I'm glad I got one. It fits my needs.
I'm looking forward to see what lenovo does to improve the ereader for the eink screen. Right now it's nearly useless.

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register