Mobileread
Kobo future firmware feature request thread
#1901  RETG 10-22-2020, 12:39 PM
Quote DNSB
Sheesh... the Google-fu is running weak these days.

Check the existing Kobo patches and look for Customize ComfortLight settins in libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml. The default becomes 5PM (colour change starts at 4PM) though that can be modified along with the sunrise start/end times, timer interval (default is 30 minutes/1800 seconds).
Exactly not sure what "google-fu" is referencing; however, if it means to google something than that will never happen. I stopped using google many years ago. As for being weak....I searched the question via another search engine and it brought me to this page. So I asked a question. Don't want to answer; DON'T.

Have a nice day..

#1902  DNSB 10-22-2020, 12:54 PM
Quote RETG
Exactly not sure what "google-fu" is referencing; however, if it means to google something than that will never happen. I stopped using google many years ago.
Google-fu is a portmanteau word from Google and kung-fu. Basically it means the ability to construct search queries that give accurate and desired results. It does not necessarily mean using Google to perform the search. I did the same type of search on Bing, Baidu and DuckDuckGo with very similar results.

Quote RETG
As for being weak....I searched the question via another search engine and it brought me to this page. So I asked a question. Don't want to answer; DON'T.

Have a nice day..
I was pointing out that a simple query would have resulted in you learning that the capability you were asking for already existed and not leading to a post in the Kobo future firmware feature request thread—the key word there being future.

You did notice that both @geek1011 and I supplied you with the information about the existing patch so your question was answered.

#1903  astrobleme 10-23-2020, 03:25 AM
Hello, I have 3 different library cards, and I would love it if I didn’t have to switch among them. If that’s not possible, can you at least please have the remember login details option on overdrive so we don’t have to type in the card numbers every time we want to switch libraries?

Also, in an older update, we could read books from a different library while signed in to another one, but now I can only see their previews, I would really like to have that back.

Thank you!

#1904  gtriever 11-03-2020, 01:20 PM
For the Kobo website: I'd like to see an Author Watchlist feature. I have numerous book series that I follow, and it'd be nice to be notified when a new book is released.

#1905  Barruel 11-08-2020, 11:20 AM
Hi.

I would like to get battery charging level control, so the battery stops charging at 80% and doesn't start charging again until it is under 40%.

Is that possible with firmware?

#1906  John Hopper 11-08-2020, 12:29 PM
The one thing I really, really want is predictive text on the virtual keyboard. I make a fair number of notes on non-fiction and this would really speed things up. It's the one thing I miss most from Kindles.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

#1907  Wallace Lee 11-09-2020, 06:44 AM
I would like to have the option of saving some [light's tone+light's power] settings, and giving different names to them:

BED - 30% of light, mild red tone.

WORK - 0% of light

LIVING ROOM - 22% light, mild blue tone

Imagine have the options pre-saved by you tather than tuning the device by hand every single time...

#1908  JSWolf 11-09-2020, 06:57 AM
Quote gtriever
For the Kobo website: I'd like to see an Author Watchlist feature. I have numerous book series that I follow, and it'd be nice to be notified when a new book is released.
There is such a feature on Fantastic Fiction.

#1909  JSWolf 11-09-2020, 06:58 AM
Quote Barruel
Hi.

I would like to get battery charging level control, so the battery stops charging at 80% and doesn't start charging again until it is under 40%.

Is that possible with firmware?
It's not possible to do what you want. You would have to do it manually.

#1910  davidfor 11-09-2020, 09:36 AM
Quote JSWolf
It's not possible to do what you want. You would have to do it manually.
That's the point. It is a feature request. The stop charging at 80% was a popular feature in laptops as a way of extending battery life. I have no idea if it is still done.

The don't charge until it hits 40% is also something that could be done in the charging circuit. All my older laptops did something like this as if you plugged in when the battery was 95% or higher, they did not charge the battery.

I doubt that implementing either of those would be that hard. The issue would be whether the battery charging was purely hardware, or there was some software involved. But, I've expressed my opinion of this method of extending the battery life a few times, so I have no desire to see it implemented.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (191/194)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register