Mobileread
Dirty Blue Button
#1  terifili 08-11-2010, 04:28 PM
How can I clean my dirty blue button?

Thanks!

#2  clintbradford 08-11-2010, 04:34 PM
Because it is porous, "surface" cleaners might not work. SOmetimes some stains "penetrate" a porous surface.

I am testing a couple alternatives - GooBeGone types of stuff. I'll report back in a day or so. I thought the "orange-based" cleaners might work - but not yet.

#3  Pookeysgirl 08-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Quote terifili
How can I clean my dirty blue button?

Thanks!
I use an eyeglass cleaner on the whole reader. Works perfectly for me

#4  clintbradford 08-11-2010, 06:59 PM
Pookeysgirl - have you cleaned any "stains" on the D-Pad cover?

Normal stuff gets cleaned well with eyeglass cleaner ... Maybe that's all the original poster needs!

There's another thread somewhere where someone has a "dye" from a cheapie eBook cover that's "infiltrated"/penetrated his D-Pad cover.

#5  Pookeysgirl 08-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Quote clintbradford
Pookeysgirl - have you cleaned any "stains" on the D-Pad cover?
In the short time that I had the white kobo my blue button got so dirty there were black marks on it from the kids playing with it (who knows what was on a young boys' fingers ). I used the eyeglass cleaner with a microfibre cloth and the black marks came out without a problem.

I also use it to get oil stains from my fingers off my black kobo.

#6  digital_steve 08-11-2010, 08:40 PM
I gave my white kobo to my father and got a black one... solved my dirty blue button!

#7  terifili 08-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Quote digital_steve
I gave my white kobo to my father and got a black one... solved my dirty blue button!
I imagine the gray button will get black marks on it eventually, nobody has oil free fingertips...

I'll try the eyeglass cleaner, maybe a magic eraser?

#8  digital_steve 08-11-2010, 11:47 PM
Quote terifili
I imagine the gray button will get black marks on it eventually, nobody has oil free fingertips...

I'll try the eyeglass cleaner, maybe a magic eraser?
Solved right there then... no one has oil free fingers so you'll probably have to deal with a dirty button.

#9  leighisme 08-12-2010, 12:19 AM
I've read 36 books on my black Kobo and my button is still clean...

#10  HarleyB 08-12-2010, 12:54 AM
Quote leighisme
I've read 36 books on my black Kobo and my button is still clean...
Yes I was beginning to think I must have OCD and be washing my hands too much!
I have had my current kobo since the beginning of June. I read for several hours every day and my black kobo is clean and always has been. I've never had fingerprints on it, or any other marks and the button is still grey.
I have never cleaned it with anything and it looks exactly like it did when I opened the box....

Next »  Last »  (1/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register