Mobileread
How do I transfer library to new ereader?
#1  gdaydigger 08-09-2010, 04:50 AM
Hi

I have a Sony PRS 600 but, for various reason am thinking about getting a new ereader (probably a Kobo). Most of my ebooks on the Sony are ePUB/pdf, half of which have been purchased from online stores (Kobo, Borders, Books on Board etc). Given ADE etc (which I don't really understand), how would I transfer my 100+ ebooks to a new machine?

I currently keep all my ebooks in the Sony Reader Library (which in turn are kept under My Documents-My Books-Reader Library on my Mac.

If I was to get a Kobo or a similar device, where should I keep/manage my ebooks given that the Reader Library will no longer be an option?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

#2  GeoffC 08-09-2010, 06:00 AM
Hi,

I've asked this thread to be re-positioned into a more useful forum Sony or Kobo ....

#3  Dr. Drib 08-09-2010, 06:02 AM
Quote GeoffC
Hi,

I've asked this thread to be re-positioned into a more useful forum Sony or Kobo ....

Moved to a more appropriate area.

Thanks.

Don
(Moderator)

#4  taming 08-09-2010, 09:08 AM
If you can import your SONY library books into the ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, you can then drag them onto your Kobo. I know that both Sony and Kobo use the same ADE DRM.

#5  pholy 08-09-2010, 10:58 AM
Once you authorize your Kobo (or other device) with ADE, ADE should be able to transfer them to the new device. (As long as you don't have too many devices authorized at once.)

#6  HarleyB 08-10-2010, 12:28 AM
Quote pholy
Once you authorize your Kobo (or other device) with ADE, ADE should be able to transfer them to the new device. (As long as you don't have too many devices authorized at once.)
What happens when you have too many devices authorized? Can you UNauthorize a device? Is there a way to tell how many devices you have authorized at any given time?
For example I have authorized my Kobo 3 times - my first Kobo which was replaced, the second Kobo and then the third time when I upgraded the firmware. So does ADE think I have 3 Kobos or 2 Kobos or does it know that I only have 1?

#7  3d0g 08-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Quote HarleyB
What happens when you have too many devices authorized? Can you UNauthorize a device? Is there a way to tell how many devices you have authorized at any given time?
For example I have authorized my Kobo 3 times - my first Kobo which was replaced, the second Kobo and then the third time when I upgraded the firmware. So does ADE think I have 3 Kobos or 2 Kobos or does it know that I only have 1?
I *think* it's 6, after which you must call Adobe support to reset.

#8  Nabber 08-13-2010, 10:14 AM
How do I authorize my Kobo with ADE????

#9  3d0g 08-13-2010, 11:03 AM
Quote Nabber
How do I authorize my Kobo with ADE????

1. Plug in kobo.
2. Start ADE.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register