Mobileread
How and Where to Publish Your Ebooks
#121  MoodRing 02-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Quote pdurrant
That fact that the vast majority of ebooks currently being sold are sold through the Amazon Kindle store?
But some ebooks I have treid to find and have not beens old on amazon but more bespoke websites, thats the onla reason I atrated using others

#122  mncowboy 02-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Question on the business side to self-publishers. As a self-publisher, do you just put your name as the publisher, or have you created your own publishing company? If you have set up a publishing company, have you registered it, or created a separate entity?
What are the pros and cons of each?
Bob

#123  pdurrant 02-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Quote MoodRing
But some ebooks I have treid to find and have not beens old on amazon but more bespoke websites, thats the onla reason I atrated using others
I didn't mean number of titles (although I wouldn't be surprised to find that Amazon had more titles than anyone else), but that Amazon sold more copies of ebooks than anyone else, by a large margin.

This is obviously of interest to people wanting to sell ebooks. (Note title of this thread.)

Of course, as a reader, one buys ebooks from whichever legitimate outlet offers the book you want to buy at the best combination of price and convenience.

#124  Justin Nemo 04-26-2012, 06:11 AM
I've had some success publishing my books on IvaNovella www.ivanovella.com

They are new which is not always bad, but there are no fees and they don't like DRM.

#125  kennyc 05-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Hmmm..... I appreciate the information, but there are several strikes against ether as far as I'm concerned. iOnly is bad, I can publish myself for free without any contests etc. on many platforms including iStuff and actully get paid for it. Now there could be some good in shared publicity but not sure it would get to my target audience just as there is in giving away free ebooks and downloads, but....

Anyway, thanks but no thanks from me.

#126  Echase 07-09-2012, 03:32 AM
I've recently taken the plunge into self-publishing some of my work as eBooks. I went through Smashwords, as well as amazon, since the two aren't linked up. Although Amazon is a definite heavyweight, I dislike that you cannot put free books on amazon.

The Smashwords meatgrinder seemed to work well for me, although I think that Amazon converted my work into a slightly better looking product. I'm only a few days into this, so I'll re-post in a week or two with how it's going!

#127  orlok 07-09-2012, 09:21 AM
Quote Echase
I've recently taken the plunge into self-publishing some of my work as eBooks. I went through Smashwords, as well as amazon, since the two aren't linked up. Although Amazon is a definite heavyweight, I dislike that you cannot put free books on amazon.

The Smashwords meatgrinder seemed to work well for me, although I think that Amazon converted my work into a slightly better looking product. I'm only a few days into this, so I'll re-post in a week or two with how it's going!
Good luck, and I would be interested to hear how it progresses for you.

#128  Ken.Hagdal 01-23-2014, 09:15 PM
Quote Echase
Update: Smashwords now accepts epubs.

http://www.smashwords.com/swdirect

#129  Lemurion 01-24-2014, 03:10 PM
Quote Ken.Hagdal
Update: Smashwords now accepts epubs.

http://www.smashwords.com/swdirect
The thing to remember, though is that if you start with an epub, that's the only format you get.

You're best off going through meatgrinder first and then following it up with your own epub.

#130  VydorScope 01-26-2014, 07:02 PM
Quote Lemurion
The thing to remember, though is that if you start with an epub, that's the only format you get.

You're best off going through meatgrinder first and then following it up with your own epub.

Not true. I always start with an EPUB and later when I get around to it meat grind through the others. Never had a problem.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (13/14)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register