Mobileread
New Leaf Welcome to the New Leaf Book Club
#11  JSWolf 12-29-2017, 01:09 PM
Quote Dutchbook
Ok, now you're just cranky for the sake of being cranky

And nobody is stopping you from making another one
Go back and reread my message. You caught me mid edit.

#12  CRussel 12-29-2017, 01:14 PM
Quote JSWolf
Can we have members create logos so we can have a vote? I think it would give us a chance to pick something we (overall) like.
Please, use whatever logo you want! And if it's cool enough, I'm sure some of us will ask you to make it publicly available.

FWIW, I made one set VERY quickly, just so we'd have something! But Dazrin came along and did much better, and I'm abandoning my own and going with his. And if you come up with something better, I'll gladly abandon Dazrin's and use yours.

#13  JSWolf 12-29-2017, 01:20 PM
I'd like to see the ideas of anyone who wants to submit something and have the club vote on them.

#14  Dazrin 12-29-2017, 01:21 PM
Quote CRussel
Please, use whatever logo you want! And if it's cool enough, I'm sure some of us will ask you to make it publicly available.
This!

Quote CRussel
FWIW, I made one set VERY quickly, just so we'd have something! But Dazrin came along and did much better, and I'm abandoning my own and going with his. And if you come up with something better, I'll gladly abandon Dazrin's and use yours.
And, me too!

For what it's worth, I have made a couple more variations than what are in use now, and will be posting them in the FAQ thread this afternoon when I get finished doing some cleanup. I can post a link here directly to that FAQ item if you like.

Edit: Direct link to the FAQ question with the various images posted (last question of the FAQ.)

#15  JSWolf 12-29-2017, 01:29 PM
Dazin, can you make a leaf circuit board with a Reader instead of a pBook?

#16  Dazrin 12-29-2017, 01:41 PM
Quote JSWolf
Dazin, can you make a leaf circuit board with a Reader instead of a pBook?
I wish I could but I don't have the skills for that. My original thought was to have a leaf on an ereader but I couldn't find any good starting points for that (at least not that was legal to use.) These are from a CC0 licensed stock photo that I cropped in a couple different ways and added some text to. If someone does have the skills to make something from scratch I would love for them to come up with something.

Regarding a vote, personally I don't think we really need a vote for this. If someone has something that they like they can feel free to use it. If enough people like it, I will add it to the FAQ thread. I'm not sure what the floor is for that, I don't think we need to add everything, but we'll figure something out.

#17  JSWolf 12-29-2017, 01:48 PM
How about taking whatever we use, putting it on an eInk Reader and then getting a photo of the screen,cropping as needed?

#18  June 12-29-2017, 02:16 PM
Quote JSWolf
How about taking whatever we use, putting it on an eInk Reader and then getting a photo of the screen,cropping as needed?
I was just thinking this, unfortunately I don’t have photo editing skills, but maybe you can JSWolf? I can’t be bothered with paper books any more, too heavy and cumbersome to keep open etc, so I would definitely consider an image with a gadget

Me likes gadgets, as you might have noticed from my avatar

#19  JSWolf 12-29-2017, 02:45 PM
I can put an image on my H2O, take a photo of it, crop as needed and post. What I think would be good if someone can find or make is a leaf that looks like it's part of a motherboard.

How's this sound...

On top, New Leaf
In the middle, the leaf
On the bottom, Book Club

And if wanted, on the left side a generic Reader and on the right an audio player for audiobooks...

If anyone has an idea for the font to be used, please say.

#20  June 12-29-2017, 03:47 PM
Quote JSWolf
—- if someone can find or make is a leaf that looks like it's part of a motherboard.
Do you mean something like getting an old motherboard or similar, and forming it into a leaf shape? Or am I totally misunderstanding?

Mocked up with absolutely no artistic eye (or photography skill), the leaf would have to be bigger and proper leaf shape
898C0F82-D086-43B7-82B5-FDB59C5BD77F.jpeg 

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/62)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register