Mobileread
Tablets, eReaders, Media Players
#21  Ravensknight 01-07-2017, 07:28 PM
Quote KyBunnies
That is an affiliated link for MobileRead. They added something a few (several/half a year) months back. So every Amazon has the MR tag.
Not doubting you Kybunnies, but could a mod point me to what K is talking about? The only thing I saw for affiliate links directly negated them:

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=275318

#22  BearMountainBooks 01-07-2017, 07:33 PM
I don't know where the official thread is, but a mod told me the same thing when I put my own codes in the self-promo thread. No affiliate codes whether it's to Amazon, Kobo, Walmart--doesn't matter. Only mobileread affiliate codes are allowed now.

#23  Ravensknight 01-07-2017, 07:39 PM
Quote BearMountainBooks
I don't know where the official thread is, but a mod told me the same thing when I put my own codes in the self-promo thread. No affiliate codes whether it's to Amazon, Kobo, Walmart--doesn't matter. Only mobileread affiliate codes are allowed now.
And that is what I want to get clear on. The link I provided said NO affiliate codes, period. No exemptions, nothing. And I thought that was all because of the kerfuffle last year about some site getting kicked off of amazon because of abuse of affiliate links, so MR just cut them so that couldn't happen here. and I thought that included MR as well.

And to Freehunter, sorry for hijacking this.

#24  BearMountainBooks 01-07-2017, 07:44 PM
Quote Ravensknight
And that is what I want to get clear on. The link I provided said NO affiliate codes, period. No exemptions, nothing. And I thought that was all because of the kerfuffle last year about some site getting kicked off of amazon because of abuse of affiliate links, so MR just cut them so that couldn't happen here. and I thought that included MR as well.

I don't know. The mod did not provide a reason. I figured it was because affiliate income was down everywhere so mobileread was just putting the hammer down and using its exclusive link.

#25  tubemonkey 01-07-2017, 07:46 PM
Quote Ravensknight

I don't know where it's posted at, but all links to Amazon products automatically get tagged with this -- ?tag=mr060-20 -- by MobileRead. Freehunter didn't add the tag, MR did.

#26  issybird 01-07-2017, 07:47 PM
Here's the relevant post from Alex.

All links to Amazon posted at MR have a MobileRead affiliate tag added. Hence the "mr" in Freehunter's post.

#27  Barbara1955 01-12-2017, 03:04 PM
Amazon has their PW3 & Voyage on sale!

#28  AnemicOak 01-12-2017, 03:54 PM
"Refurb" Kindle's at Woot...

Kindle (5th Generation) Wi-Fi E-Reader (Includes Special Offers), 6" E-Ink Display, 2GB Internal Storage, 802.11n Wi-Fi - Black - $24.99
We're listing these as "Refurbished", but the boxes will be marked "Used - Acceptable". These units will have minor cosmetic blemishes and have been returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by an Amazon technician. The units have been repackaged in a brown box.

Kindle (4th Generation) Wi-Fi E-Reader (Includes Special Offers), 6" E-Ink Display, 2GB Internal Storage, 802.11n Wi-Fi - Graphite - $24.99
We're listing these as "Refurbished", but the boxes will be marked "Used - Acceptable". These units will have minor cosmetic blemishes and have been returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by an Amazon technician. The units have been repackaged in a brown box.

Kindle Touch Wi-Fi + 3G E-Reader (Includes Special Offers), 6" E-Ink Touchscreen Display, 4GB Internal Storage, 802.11n Wi-Fi, AT&T 3G Connectivity - Graphite - $34.99
1-year protection plan available through Square Trade for $8.99

#29  Barbara1955 01-12-2017, 08:32 PM
None of those at WOOT have lights. But I think its great pricing for them!

#30  AnemicOak 01-13-2017, 12:29 AM
Quote Katie1
None of those at WOOT have lights. But I think its great pricing for them!
Depending on your perspective that could be a good thing. In the almost 4 years I've been using my Aura HD I've turned on the light about 6 times for fairly brief periods.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (3/28)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register