Mobileread
Book Nova Pro Default Off/Sleep Pictures
#1  ehelldane 12-04-2019, 03:11 PM
If you like them, but want to, say, add your name and phone number to them...

https://imgur.com/gallery/OqOhava

These default pictures can be found in the following location on many Boox devices:

[root]/system/framework/framework-res.apk

- open APK with zip archive viewer (probably best on a PC)
- image location inside APK: assets/images

To edit, use the graphics program of your choosing (GIMP is free)

To set as your screensaver, put the pictures on your device first--I suggest making or using a folder in the Storage/Downloads/Onyx folder called Sceensavers, since the Onyx folder is already set-up to store some system stuff, like Icons. Then use the devices built-in Storage app (on the left menu of the 'home' screen) to navigate to the picture > long press the picture > and hit the 'Set as screensaver' option at the bottom of the popup.

You can set 3 different screensavers and one off-screen picture, or reset all to factory setting from the 'Set as screensaver' screen.

- Cheers
[zip] Boox Nova Pro Default Off Sleep Screens.zip (2.48 MB, 59 views)

#2  LightReader 12-05-2019, 01:00 PM
Great idea. Thank you for these pictures. Any suggestions on which software to add in my name and phone number on these pictures?

#3  ehelldane 12-06-2019, 12:23 PM
I use an old portable version of Photoshop. But GIMP is a great FREE equivalent tool : https://www.gimp.org/

#4  stjoe 12-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Do we just need to modify the pictures and zip back to framework-res.apk and overwrite the original file?

#5  ehelldane 12-14-2019, 04:09 PM
Quote stjoe
Do we just need to modify the pictures and zip back to framework-res.apk and overwrite the original file?
No, sorry, u just need to put the pictures on your device first--I suggest making a folder in the Downloads/Onyx folder for Sceensavers, since there that's already set-up to store some system stuff, like icons. Then use the devices built-in Storage app (on the left menu of the 'home' screen) to navigate to the picture > long press the picture > and hit the 'Set as screensaver' option at the bottom of the popup.

You can set 3 different screensavers and one off-screen picture, or reset all to factory setting from the 'Set as screensaver' screen.

Note: I modified the first post to save time for new visitors to this thread.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register