Mobileread
N647 into the Futur?!
#1  Hydro 12-01-2020, 03:51 PM
Hey there,

After I pedaled for weeks to get my wifes first e-reader back to work (thanks to the help from davidfor ) I'm asking myself if its possible to use it for something else . We actualy have more up-to-date E-Readers and the N647 works fine but its like, you know ... ... Searching pages, waiting ages. Would it be possible to run something else on it? Perhaps simple games? Android? Any Ideas ? Well, yes .. I guess this Kobo is just to old to run anything else but why not asking reight? ...

#2  Quoth 12-02-2020, 10:43 AM
No, it's for ebooks.
Even new ones are not much good for anything else.

#3  davidfor 12-02-2020, 07:27 PM
There are other uses for different ereaders. Most involved installing some alternative software on them. They have been used for weather displays or as a data display for gliders. But, I don't remember seeing anything for the WiFi. Most of these have been for the touch-screen devices. A search of the forum might find something, but, it will be fairly old. It will probably still work on the device, but, if it needs to contact a web-site or use an API, it will probably be out of date.

#4  Hydro 12-03-2020, 04:33 PM
8) Thanks for your input ! It's what I thought. I just read about some alternative os on Kobos but yea, to old= to old right... Well, and

A bien tôt

#5  JSWolf 12-03-2020, 05:09 PM
Quote Hydro
8) Thanks for your input ! It's what I thought. I just read about some alternative os on Kobos but yea, to old= to old right... Well, and

A bien tôt
You could give it to someone as his/her first Reader.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register