Mobileread
Classic Bestsellers for $9.99
#1  binkman71 10-27-2009, 04:34 PM
Just received a Thank You email for my Nook (nook? they don't seem to capitalize it...) preorder, only about a week after ordering it. That aside, it says eBook Bestsellers are only $9.99 at the B&N eBook store.

Now, I don't know how many are included in the list of "Bestsellers", but I figured I'd mention it since there has been lots of discussion of the pricing differences between B&N and Amazon.

K.

#2  French 10-27-2009, 09:02 PM
I've been reading a lot of controversy over the pricing differences as well, but for the books I've looked up B&N has been the same as Kindle. Maybe they just did a pricing adjustment between the time the reader was announced and people started taking notice? Or maybe I just happen to only be looking at best sellers...(?)

#3  uncola 10-28-2009, 10:06 AM
I looked up some books randomly and the B&N price was higher than amazon

#4  =X= 10-28-2009, 11:23 AM
Quote French
I've been reading a lot of controversy over the pricing differences as well, but for the books I've looked up B&N has been the same as Kindle. Maybe they just did a pricing adjustment between the time the reader was announced and people started taking notice? Or maybe I just happen to only be looking at best sellers...(?)
The prices that will be the same are new releases and best sellers. If you look for books outside of that realm you will see the price differences.

=X=

#5  avwh 10-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Quote =X=
The prices that will be the same are new releases and best sellers. If you look for books outside of that realm you will see the price differences.

=X=
IOW, they're price-matching now only where they think they have to. We have to re-educate them, or the Nook sales numbers have to, that non-best-sellers and older releases need to be competitive in price, too.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register