Mobileread
Now Released: The Lens, by Steve Jordan
#1  Steven Lyle Jordan 03-01-2009, 07:44 PM
Our very own Steve Jordan has finally granted us access to his latest Kestral novel! There was dancing in the streets! there was overjoyed celebration! For some reason, there was at least one llama named Steve Jordan. - - pshrynk

Yes, the crew of the Mary are back, due to popular demand from the readers! And in this story, they're dealing with something more mysterious than viruses and uppity aliens:

Planet Shura Dva, in the process of being terraformed by the Oan Engineers Guild, has recently begun exhibiting strange weather patterns, soil poisonings and quakes that seem to target and deliberately sabotage the Engineers' terraforming work. A local workers' leader claims to be able to "feel" the planet's anger as it takes unilateral action against the Engineers... but the Engineers are positive he's really a terrorist leader somehow orchestrating the strange planetary occurrences.

And in the midst of local labor squabbles and strange planetary phenomena, Carolyn Kestral and her crew, flush after a lucrative cargo run, arrive on Shura Dva to help out a friend in need... and discover that the planet itself may not allow them to leave!
Introducing The Lens, the second story in the popular Kestral Voyages series. Visit SteveJordanBooks.com to get a copy at a great low price, in multiple e-book formats, and--say it with me--No DRM!

Don't forget: During Read an E-Book Week, Berserker, the first Kestral story, will be available for free download! (It is also available at the Stanza Store, also free during Read an E-Book Week!)
lens_cover_400.jpg 

#2  Barcey 03-01-2009, 08:12 PM
Congratulations! Off to order.

As an aside... where do you get the models for your cover art? They're hot.

#3  xianfox 03-01-2009, 08:21 PM
If you keep writing in this series, I may as well just give you my Paypal account.

Thanks for a great first story; now off to read the second.

#4  Moe The Cat 03-01-2009, 09:58 PM
Looking forward to reading this. I like the crew of the Mary. They do, indeed, remind me of Firefly, but without the western motif.

#5  Steven Lyle Jordan 03-01-2009, 10:47 PM
Thanks for all the kind words... hope you all enjoy it!

Now I get to take a mental breather... before I go back to working on my site redesign, before starting my next novel!

#6  Steven Lyle Jordan 03-02-2009, 10:53 AM
...and already, a typo found! (Who says editors aren't necessary in publishing?) It's amazing how many times you can go over a manuscript, and still miss simple things like that!

Rest assured, I will fix it and upload a new book. However, the book conversion process usually takes me most of a day (what with converting to 8 different formats--one is PDF, and the other is Word 2000 down from Word 2007), and only a few of those conversion processes allow me to save time by editing the doc after conversion, so it may be a bit before I can get to it.

Still, it's a distinct advantage to digital self-publishing that I can make this edit within a few days, and upload it pretty much instantly (not to mention sending a fresh copy to anyone who asks)... compare that to the print world, ye mighty, and despair!

#7  Over 03-02-2009, 11:08 AM
The paragraph spacing was corrected in your ebook(s)? The onuissance one had a big space for each paragraph. Sometimes, I only had two or three sentences in a single epage. I stopped reading since then, but I'm willing to try that one again and then check out any your other works.

#8  Steven Lyle Jordan 03-02-2009, 11:14 AM
Quote Over
The paragraph spacing was corrected in your ebook(s)? The onuissance one had a big space for each paragraph. Sometimes, I only had two or three sentences in a single epage. I stopped reading since then, but I'm willing to try that one again and then check out any your other works.
That spacing problem has been dealt with... the latest books have not had that extra spacing in them. (I do still have to fix some of the older books, including The Onuissance Cells. Thanks for reminding me. No, really!)

#9  Moejoe 03-02-2009, 11:28 AM
Belated congrats on the release of the Lens, Steve. And don't worry too much about that typo. Ebooks allow, as you've said, for quick corrections, and I can't tell you the number of pbooks I've read that are filled with typos and errors. 1 typo out of thousands of words is a great average

#10  Gibbo 03-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Steve do I need to read Berserker first?

Never mind just bought both

Next »  Last »  (1/5)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register