Mobileread
Reset an original Glowlight?
#1  b3ta 09-11-2020, 01:42 PM
I've had this Glowlight for ~10 years, and it's time to pass or sell it on. Trouble is, it won't connect to my internet (password is correct, etc). Any way to reset it without the need to connect to WiFi?

#2  ZodWallop 09-11-2020, 01:50 PM
Factory Reset Instructions
  1. On the Settings screen, tap Device Info.
  2. Select Erase & Deregister Device.
  3. Your NOOK displays a page for erasing and degistering your device.
  4. Tap Erase & Deregister Device. A dialog box asking you to confirm your selection appears.
  5. Tap Reset NOOK.
I know this would work on my Glowlight Plus and Glowlight 3. I never bought the original Glowlight. It didn't feel like much of an upgrade from my Nook ST with Glowlight.

#3  b3ta 09-11-2020, 01:54 PM
Quote ZodWallop
Factory Reset Instructions
  1. On the Settings screen, tap Device Info.
  2. Select Erase & Deregister Device.
  3. Your NOOK displays a page for erasing and degistering your device.
  4. Tap Erase & Deregister Device. A dialog box asking you to confirm your selection appears.
  5. Tap Reset NOOK.
I know this would work on my Glowlight Plus and Glowlight 3. I never bought the original Glowlight. It didn't feel like much of an upgrade from my Nook ST with Glowlight.
Unfortunately, at step 4 it tells you to connect to WiFi - it's required to 'Erase and Deregister'

#4  ZodWallop 09-12-2020, 12:32 AM
Quote b3ta
Unfortunately, at step 4 it tells you to connect to WiFi - it's required to 'Erase and Deregister'
Maybe it's stupid and obvious. But have you tried turning WiFi off and back on? Or connecting to a different WiFi?

#5  RETG 09-21-2020, 06:16 PM
How long since you were last connected to the internet? If it has been a period of time, make sure you are trying to connect to a 2.4Ghz band. I'm guessing the original Nook has no 5Ghz software.
Some routers output both 2.4 and 5.0 and sometime upon setup, people will turn off or opt to not show a band access.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register