Mobileread
tag Mapper Location
#1  Rellwood 08-09-2020, 05:08 PM
I know where the .json for tag mapping is located, but where is the internal part that indicates how the mapping works, or what the "tag" column is.

I am not sure if I worded that correctly, but my goal is to create the ability to map other specific columns. I have the columns named and formatted (genre, bookshelves, etc.) and really, really, want to be able to map and format them with the plugin, but can't seem to be able to find where the plugin rules or settings are located beyond the basic .json file.

I need to get my glasses checked, this is the second time today I posted my question on the wrong forum page. This was to go into the Calibre Developers forum. If a Moderator would kindly move it there, I would be ever so grateful...

#2  theducks 08-09-2020, 05:58 PM
Move Done

#3  BetterRed 08-09-2020, 06:18 PM
Is the OP proposing to do any development work - i.e write any code. If not IMO this thread doesn't belong here see ==>> PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING - Purpose of Development subforum

I suspect not, that's why I moved it in the first instance

BR

#4  Rellwood 08-09-2020, 06:54 PM
Quote BetterRed
Is the OP proposing to do any development work - i.e write any code. If not IMO this thread doesn't belong here see ==>> PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING - Purpose of Development subforum

I suspect not, that's why I moved it in the first instance

BR
Was prepared to look it over and see the workings of it, whether or not I did the changes would depend on what I saw. I saw that post. I wasn't prepared to ask anyone to do any work (on this), because I already submitted a request for it in the past. I just figured that if I saw how it was set up then MAYBE I could POSSIBLY see how it could be changed. Until I saw where it was listed, I would never know.

#5  kovidgoyal 08-09-2020, 10:17 PM
It's in the code, look for files named tag_mapper.py and iits actually called in gui2/add.py

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register