Mobileread
What font are you using for what type of book?
#1  NiMa 08-04-2020, 01:04 PM
Hi,
The title of the thread explains the question roughly.
For me, I use something like Tribute Roman, EB Garamond, Caslon or Crimson Pro for things like Lovecraft or horror/Sci-Fi books, and something like Bookerly or Caecilia for other subjects books.
I may as well change fonts while reading while one annoys me too much, or while it seems unclear (I have very sharp eyes, and I hope they'll sell devices with 500 ppi screens soon).

And you?

#2  DNSB 08-04-2020, 01:52 PM
Quote NiMa
Hi,
The title of the thread explains the question roughly.
For me, I use something like Tribute Roman, EB Garamond, Caslon or Crimson Pro for things like Lovecraft or horror/Sci-Fi books, and something like Bookerly or Caecilia for other subjects books.
I may as well change fonts while reading while one annoys me too much, or while it seems unclear (I have very sharp eyes, and I hope they'll sell devices with 500 ppi screens soon).

And you?
Personally, I tend to use one font for most books. If I need more glyphs where a book for example uses multiple quotes in Greek or Enochian, I will switch fonts. Most fonts that are not intended for eInk tend to be too light so I will use the demi-bold variants or manually modify the font which is not all that much fun.

#3  NiMa 08-04-2020, 01:56 PM
Quote DNSB
Personally, I tend to use one font for most books. If I need more glyphs where a book for example uses multiple quotes in Greek or Enochian, I will switch fonts. Most fonts that are not intended for eInk tend to be too light so I will use the demi-bold variants or manually modify the font which is not all that much fun.
I tend to use Crimson Pro for my daily readings when Bookerly annoys me. I like Cormorant but it's WAAAY too light for me. In semi-bold, it looks strange. Crimson Pro look like it's been optimized for eInk.

#4  ps67 08-04-2020, 02:15 PM
My preferences are not related to genres but to kind of file.

Bookerly is my preferred font for Epub (with some exploration of Literata and Georgia Pro).

For Kepub I currently use Roboto Slab (alternatives are Bitter and Lexia Dama).

#5  rcentros 08-04-2020, 03:00 PM
Accidental double post when trying to edit the original post. Sorry.

#6  rcentros 08-04-2020, 03:02 PM
Quote NiMa
And you?
Almost exclusively Constantia for all devices (that allow side-loaded fonts) and all books. Even on the readers that won't allow side-loaded fonts, I'll often embed Constantia into the book via Calibre.

#7  NiMa 08-04-2020, 03:05 PM
Quote ps67
My preferences are not related to genres but to kind of file.
Bookerly is my preferred font for Epub (with some exploration of Literata and Georgia Pro).
For Kepub I currently use Roboto Slab (alternatives are Bitter and Lexia Dama).
I agree. Roboto Slab. Is a good font. I also have Bitter in my Libra. I switch between fonts often, I may have about 30 on my device.

#8  NiMa 08-04-2020, 03:06 PM
Quote rcentros
Almost exclusively Constantia for all devices (that allow side-loaded fonts) and all books. Even on the readers that won't allow side-loaded fonts, I'll often embed Constantia into the book via Calibre.
Constantia seems to be a good choice. It wouldn't be my first, though, but everyone has its preferences!
Instead of Constantia I'd use Athelas, for my part.

#9  Sirtel 08-04-2020, 03:12 PM
My font preferences vary not according to genres, but according to ereaders. I use CharisSIL Modified Larger on my Kindles, LexiaDaMa on my Kobo and DejaVu Serif Eink (modified by a MR member) on my Nook.

#10  JSWolf 08-04-2020, 03:16 PM
I mostly use the ChareInk font for eBook with words.

Next »  Last »  (1/7)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register