Mobileread
GUI widget with checkboxes - example
#1  wolf123 06-27-2020, 03:08 PM
Hi Guys,

I would like to add a very simple checkbox dialogue to the plugin I am writing (let the user tick some boxes, get the values and process them). Could you please point me out a plugin with similar functionality I can refer to?

Thanks!

#2  DNSB 06-27-2020, 05:12 PM
Quote wolf123
Hi Guys,

I would like to add a very simple checkbox dialogue to the plugin I am writing (let the user tick some boxes, get the values and process them). Could you please point me out a plugin with similar functionality I can refer to?

Thanks!
You might want to check the ModifyEpub plugin.

#3  davidfor 06-28-2020, 12:21 AM
How complicated do you want to go? The Modify ePub plugin is a good example of a lot of things, but, the options prompt is dynamically built from a list of options.

For examples, I'm tempted to say, "All of them". Most plugins use a checkbox either in configuration or when started. But, there are a few that don't.

I have some much simple dialogs in my Kobo Utilities plugin. Unfortunately, to see them, you need a Kobo device plugged in. If you look at it, the "Clean Image Directory" is the simplest with a simplest with a single checkbox as an options. The "Kobo eReader Font Settings" has a mix of checkboxes, dropdowns, spinbuttons and entry fields.

And, , I just found a problem with the Python 3 changes. I thought I had them all.

#4  chaley 06-28-2020, 05:48 AM
The plugin Save Virtual Libraries to Column has a simple configuration dialog, 1 checkbox and 1 drop down selection box.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register