Mobileread
Pixel scroll driven by mouse scroll wheel
#1  PeterButler 05-05-2020, 05:36 PM
I’m looking for a pixel scroll driven by the mouse scroll wheel. And possibly, a pixel scroll using the up/down keys. I had hoped such a thing would already exist in the Windows version of Calibre. That sounds like a feature request.

But I am willing to help.

But I don’t know where to start.

Once started, I would look at the smooth auto-scroll and try to drive that code not from a timer but from the scroll wheel.

Experience: COBOL (but likely not useful here), OS level mainframe assembly language, Real-Time control of wafer fab equipment, quite good at doing big things in small places on microcontrollers (I know, too much history.) Perhaps more useful is C/C++, some java, Perl, and Python.

I need at least some direction.

#2  kovidgoyal 05-05-2020, 09:47 PM
I assume you are talkig about the viewer, if so, it already pixel scrolls with the wheel in flow mode.

#3  PeterButler 05-05-2020, 11:27 PM
It scrolls by a minimum of 2 lines on my laptop per mouse wheel click. I want it to scroll on command much like it auto-scrolls, by pixel slowly.

#4  kovidgoyal 05-05-2020, 11:35 PM
You need a mouse wheel that generates high precision scroll events for that, for example, it does exactly that with the touchpad on my laptop when using two finger scroll

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register