Mobileread
MapleRead - eBook Reader and Server for iOS
#571  slantybard 08-28-2020, 08:34 PM
I have reported a bug to the developers in v3.5.1 where when a new chapter is opened in an ePub, the touch screen input of a page change to the next page will not respond to the input for 5-6? seconds. It’s almost as if the rendering engine for caching the next pages is slow. This happens with all my ePubs.

#572  cedhax 09-11-2020, 01:34 AM
Quote slantybard
I have reported a bug to the developers in v3.5.1 where when a new chapter is opened in an ePub, the touch screen input of a page change to the next page will not respond to the input for 5-6? seconds. ItÂ’s almost as if the rendering engine for caching the next pages is slow. This happens with all my ePubs.
@slantybard
FYI, I have never experienced what you reported above. On the contrary, I've noticed that EPUB page turning has really got much faster since MapleRead v3.5, especially by tapping (vs. swiping) on the page margin area. On many of my EPUB books such as novels, the page turning speed is almost as fast as I can tap.

#573  peaceridge 09-15-2020, 04:32 PM
Just want to say your FAQ's are really great! I've just started using Mapleread SE more and they have answered everything I've looked for. The only irritating thing it's missing (I think Ive mentioned that in another text) is clock time from the Ipad header. I know I just have to tap on the screen to get it up, but I'm a very fast reader and that breaks my concentration instead of just a quick glance to the top. Is there something I'm missing to show it or is there a way to show it in the Mapleread header or footer?

#574  romad 10-02-2020, 09:50 AM
I'm traveling and I installed an ePub into MRSE on my iPad Mini 5, but when I get back, I'd like to also put it in Calibre on my iMac. Is there a way to do this directly?

#575  peaceridge 10-12-2020, 10:10 AM
Is there a setting to allow me to highlight text, either epub or pdf? I long press, but nothing happens. It's probably something so simple I can't see it.

#576  romad 10-13-2020, 11:25 AM
Quote peaceridge
Is there a setting to allow me to highlight text, either epub or pdf? I long press, but nothing happens. It's probably something so simple I can't see it.
I can just tap and hold until the word highlights, then I can either either select an action from the pop-up menu or first drag a handle to select more text. Oh, this is in ePubs.

#577  peaceridge 10-13-2020, 11:47 AM
Quote romad
I can just tap and hold until the word highlights, then I can either either select an action from the pop-up menu or first drag a handle to select more text. Oh, this is in ePubs.
Tapping and holding is not working for me in either epub or pdf. When I tap and hold nothing happens, that's why I thought there might be a setting that needed turned on.

#578  romad 10-13-2020, 11:56 AM
It has always worked "out of the box" for me; I don't remember a setting. Have you tried re-installing?

#579  peaceridge 10-13-2020, 12:10 PM
Quote romad
It has always worked "out of the box" for me; I don't remember a setting. Have you tried re-installing?
I haven't reinstalled because I have a lot of books on it all categorized and don't want to lose them. If I have to, I will, but was hoping for another solution.

#580  cedhax 10-13-2020, 01:33 PM
Quote peaceridge
I haven't reinstalled because I have a lot of books on it all categorized and don't want to lose them. If I have to, I will, but was hoping for another solution.
There are at least 2 ways to "reinstall" the app without losing the app data, including your library organization data.

1. Offload App, and re-download the app.
2. Do Backup from within the app, then remove the app and its data, re-download the app, and do Import from within the app.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (58/59)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register