Mobileread
WARNING WARNING WARNING
#11  pdurrant 03-30-2012, 02:29 PM
Quote ignacio ferrer
So you are saying it is inappropriate to post the address of a shop if it is identical to the home address?
Quote Dulin's Books
yes it is.
Since I first redacted the address, it has been pointed out to me privately that the address quoted is actually the contact address given on the onyxboox.com web site, and so I have restored it.

#12  Dulin's Books 03-30-2012, 03:46 PM
no worries from me then. i dislike the posting of individuals addresses and such without their consent but if its already posted up on their own site I see no issue with it.

#13  PF4Mobile 04-01-2012, 11:12 PM
I can confirm that I also had a good transaction with Yale and he reacted immediately to something that I believed it was a defective product. I later withdrew my statement because it was a software issue, not really an issue but a misunderstanding of the functionality on my side.
Apparently the initiator of this thread lives in Australia (he is speaking about A$) and that makes the whole process slower and more expensive (?!)

#14  MikeOnyx 04-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Hello Lindon,
I apologize about all the troubles that you've encountered with my handling of the issues you've had with your X60. There's no one to blame but myself for this problem. When you sent the item back without the battery pack, I procrastinated on getting it properly tested for faults. Of the two returns we have had from Australia, yours was the only one where they forced a battery removal. I am truly sorry for all the headaches and lack of proper communication on my part.
I believe when you sent the product back it was around the introduction of the M92. That, plus the Christmas rush had me pushing close to 80 hours a week. It's my fault for not getting back to you sooner, but I did send you a full refund, even despite a missing battery. The contact address on the website is indeed my home address. If I had tried to open a storefront for just the Onyx Boox, it may have gone out of business a long time ago. In August of 2008 I had met Kim, the founder of Onyx and she showed me a prototype of the Boox 60 device. I liked it so much that I cashed out my retirement account to start the www.onyxboox.com website. However, market forces, especially the relatively inexpensive Kindle has made it difficult to survive.
As an avid reader myself, I believe the quality of ebook readers from Onyx International continue to increase. The M92 product is truly the best device they have ever made, and I'm sure other users here will attest to that. If you're interested, I can arrange for one to be sent to you at a significant discount. Please do not blame the product. It is my fault that this happened. I'm sorry.

--Yale

#15  Lindon 04-04-2012, 07:29 AM
Apology accepted Yale and I hope you understand my response was born out of shear frustration having lost money on two previous online purchases with other online retailers and then seemingly being ignored.
I was thinking here we go again.
Looking at the response from other forum members who have had positive dealings with you Im prepared to put it down to an oversight by you. Thats why I asked for feedback from others, to see if this was a common occurance.
Its also worth remembering Yale that purchasing online is riskier for the purchaser then from a local shop and therefore online retailers have a responsability to respond quickly to customers correspondence to keep their confidence in you.
Without customer confidence and feedback an online store is doomed to fail.
I still believe Onyx is a fine product but it wont be necessary to offer me a discount on another product but thankyou for the offer. Thats not why I started this thread.

« First  « Prev   (2/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register