Mobileread
Onyx Boox M92 in Black
#21  parkher 04-04-2012, 02:56 AM
Quote ignacio ferrer
I don't know which kind of documents you are using, but PDFs require a lot of space. So in most of the cases you have to cut the margin.
Apart from that: in my opinion the color of the case has more than anything to with design and personal taste ...
Yes, I admit that I NEVER EVER read pdf files, I always convert them to something else, usually to fb2, because Calibre converter gives more control options when converting to fb2.

Sometimes a pdf file contains just double-page scans, then I run OCR with FineReader.

I read fiction novels only. For reference and scientific documents I use PC, because it is usually not just pure reading but working on something with some tools or development environments.

As an exception I tried pdf sheet music, but still, I have a 25" dedicated monitor right on my digital piano, so the 9.7" reader is not the primary device for this purpose too. It is a bit too small. But I sometimes use it placed on the sheet music stand on the floor for guitar stuff.

#22  Mono 04-04-2012, 08:45 AM
Many people use M92 for reading scientific papers. They are A4, two collums with pictures, graphs, tables and tiny font. The frame serves as margins and so at least part of it should be white.

I think of painting outer part of frame to black to have benefit from both, extended white margins and optical illusion of brighter white on screen.

#23  FinancialWar 04-04-2012, 09:59 AM
Quote Mono
Many people use M92 for reading scientific papers. They are A4, two collums with pictures, graphs, tables and tiny font. The frame serves as margins and so at least part of it should be white.
margins should be black, I don't understand why you think part of it should be white.

#24  Mono 04-04-2012, 12:12 PM
If there is no margin on screen (because I want to utilize the screen for text as much as possible), I need some white margin on frame. (If there is no need for white frame, there would not be on printed paper page. It would save a lot of paper if there is no margin... So, there must be good reason to have the white margin...)

#25  ignacio ferrer 04-04-2012, 01:51 PM
Quote Mono
If there is no margin on screen (because I want to utilize the screen for text as much as possible), I need some white margin on frame. (If there is no need for white frame, there would not be on printed paper page. It would save a lot of paper if there is no margin... So, there must be good reason to have the white margin...)
Probably has to with the printing process ...

#26  Mono 04-05-2012, 05:45 AM
No, it does not.

It is cultural thing, not pure technical. I recollect, that we had to draw vertical lines in our notebooks at both sides of a page at school. And were not allowed to draw outside the margins. And so led to leave margins blank.

But, OK. If someone prefers no margins, no problem.

#27  fraylocus 04-06-2012, 02:10 AM
A question for Booxtor:
Next to the M92 black, received the Replacement Stylus.
It came without any INSTRUCTIONAL of use.
Take a button in the middle and one at the top.
What is your function, serve to calibrate ...?

regards

#28  jian1 04-06-2012, 05:16 AM
Quote Mono

I think of painting outer part of frame to black to have benefit from both, extended white margins and optical illusion of brighter white on screen.
Whenever I got a two-column PDF article, briss would be da handy tool that cuts them into single column PDF. All automatically converted with little intervene, and I definitely recommend briss for any two column PDF stuff that can be a PIA to read.

#29  Booxtor 04-07-2012, 06:36 AM
Quote fraylocus
A question for Booxtor:
Next to the M92 black, received the Replacement Stylus.
It came without any INSTRUCTIONAL of use.
Take a button in the middle and one at the top.
What is your function, serve to calibrate ...?

regards
It is just an alternative bigger stylus (for user who does not like tiny pens). The buttons on it are not supported by software of M92 yet.

I got a link to a Spanish forum, where you can see more pictures of black Onyx Boox M92:
http://www.lectoreselectronicos.com/showthread.php?12164-Reportaje-del-Onyx-Boox-M92-Black .
Thanx to aprendedor !

« First  « Prev   (3/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register