Mobileread
Onyx Boox M92 in Black
#11  Defenderland 04-02-2012, 07:58 AM
Quote ebookmania
Can you pls post a picture ? Did you get it from Booxtor ?
Yes, i got it from Booxtor.
I'm very sorry, i just noticed i can't upload any pics. Because i'm not at home during the week i only have the charger for the cellphone with me and not the Micro-USB-cable - which is at home for being able to charge the via notebook on the weekends without the need to take the charger with me.

I also have an old Benq DC60 cam here, but guess what? Only the connection cable, but no charger, because i used it as webcam only. Since the accu is completely empty now the notebook doesn't recognize it, because i can't switch it on.

#12  ebookmania 04-03-2012, 02:30 AM
Quote Defenderland
Yes, i got it from Booxtor.
I'm very sorry, i just noticed i can't upload any pics. Because i'm not at home during the week i only have the charger for the cellphone with me and not the Micro-USB-cable - which is at home for being able to charge the via notebook on the weekends without the need to take the charger with me.

I also have an old Benq DC60 cam here, but guess what? Only the connection cable, but no charger, because i used it as webcam only. Since the accu is completely empty now the notebook doesn't recognize it, because i can't switch it on.

np, do remember to post one when you get a chance.

#13  Booxtor 04-03-2012, 08:11 AM
Quote ebookmania
np, do remember to post one when you get a chance.

Here is a picture with both devices:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/Black%20and%20White.JPG

Take a look

#14  2Steam 04-03-2012, 08:17 AM
Wow! Is it just my eyes or has the unit with the white frame in this picture apparently a whiter background, more contrast and a better readability?

#15  FinancialWar 04-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Quote 2Steam
Wow! Is it just my eyes or has the unit with the white frame in this picture apparently a whiter background, more contrast and a better readability?
you seem to be on a one-man crusade against Black M92, are you only saying this because you are (or were) an eBay reseller of white Boox M92 and don't have access to black M92 stock, right?

#16  2Steam 04-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Just look for yourself.

#17  Booxtor 04-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Quote FinancialWar
you seem to be on a one-man crusade against Black M92, are you only saying this because you are (or were) an eBay reseller of white Boox M92 and don't have access to black M92 stock, right?

In my eyes it is exactly reversed (regarding background

But don't cut him slack
1. light source was a window on the nordside (gives not much light and some tree shadows affect the picture.
2. The white device has firmware 1.7 and the black device - 1.6.
(the 1.7 indeed seem to show black numerals of the watch slightly darker)

On that picture I just wanted to show how the black body does look like and not compare screens . The screens are of exactly same model.

#18  parkher 04-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Quote ebookmania
But will be of advantage if we crop out the margins, as the case will
act like margin.
The case does not have to act as margin because 9.7" allows to have very wide margins. Therefore, black is better - it creates an impression that the screen is whiter, much more pleasant.

See here, it proves that you can make wide margins with Cool Reader:

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=29

But for 6" devices you have to use white case, it has to act as margins, you do not have the luxury of wide margins because the screen width is only 90 mm and the text width should be in the range of 8-10 cm as in printed books.

#19  ignacio ferrer 04-03-2012, 01:34 PM
Quote parkher
The case does not have to act as margin because 9.7" allows to have very wide margins. Therefore, black is better - it creates an impression that the screen is whiter, much more pleasant.
I don't know which kind of documents you are using, but PDFs require a lot of space. So in most of the cases you have to cut the margin.
Apart from that: in my opinion the color of the case has more than anything to with design and personal taste ...

#20  ebookmania 04-03-2012, 08:34 PM
Quote Booxtor
Here is a picture with both devices:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/Black%20and%20White.JPG

Take a look
Yes. That nails it. I'm sold on the black M92.
Booxtor, check your private message.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register