Mobileread
I Am Watching Every Post For Possible Spammers and Crooks
#1  Dr. Drib 05-22-2010, 08:18 PM
Dear Members:

It is advisable that Members establish a relationship with the seller before potentially parting with any money - assuming the item is still available.

We are not impugning the character of ANY OP, but a few Members have lost money in dealing with the "less-than-honest" amongst us.

Therefore, this is my promise to you as long as I am a Moderator: I will personally read EVERY post in the Flea Market.

I will post this (in green below), when a Member has less than 50 posts and/or has been a Member of MobileRead for less than six months:

NOTE TO ALL MEMBERS:

Please read the STICKY, which is directed toward ALL careful Members of MobileRead.

Please note, as well, that this is an automated reminder due to the criteria as outlined in the 'STICKY' for this forum.

Don
(Moderator)

Let's all have fun, but remember: Money is potentially changing hands, and WE MUST ALL BE CAREFUL AND LOOK AFTER ONE ANOTHER AS A COMMUNITY.

#2  neilmarr 05-23-2010, 05:08 AM
A noble calling, Don. Good to have you as a watchdog. Here's hoping, too, that anyone who feels swindled will overlook any embarrassment they might feel and let you know (posting direct might cause legal problems). Thanks. Neil

#3  Logseman 05-23-2010, 08:01 AM
The community can help as well. Not too long ago people noticed a scammer who tried to fake his/her way with photoshopped pictures.

#4  Dr. Drib 05-23-2010, 08:14 AM
Yes, Logseman, I agree with you: This can be a call to our Community to watch out for evil people.

Hopefully, a person who thinks he or she can swindle your money from you will give it a second thought when that person reads (or sees) that there is a sticky addressing this concern.

We must be informed and educated, and we must educate the newer Members of MobileRead about the potential for evil people who post, take one's money, and then disappear.

Don
(Moderator)

#5  rmm200 05-24-2010, 01:31 AM
I would think a community of people who read is a really bad choice for a con artist. Folks here seem to be both careful and observant.

Robert

#6  WT Sharpe 05-24-2010, 01:44 AM
Not to toot my own horn, but I've reported several spammers here, and I'm always amazed at how quickly the ever-vigilant mods are to respond. In every case, the offending post has been removed within minutes.

Kudos to the moderators here at MobileRead! You folks are the best!

#7  Dr. Drib 06-16-2010, 07:39 AM
Warning Note edited for clarity.

Don
(Moderator)

#8  GeoffC 07-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Quote Dr. Drib
Warning Note edited for clarity.

Don
(Moderator)

Why, what offended young Clarity - sweet lass I thought ....

Glad to see you being pro-active and looking after us all ......

#9  Dr. Drib 07-06-2010, 04:15 PM
Quote GeoffC

Thank you for the kind words.

Don

#10  crich70 09-18-2010, 11:10 PM
Groan. Why is it the best puns are always the groaners? lol.
Quote GeoffC

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register