Mobileread
PW4 - Kindle Collections Manager (Non-Jailbroken)
#1  Thornt5748 07-19-2019, 10:41 AM
Hi all,

Silly question here and i'm pretty sure the answers will be "No - it must be jailbroken" but...if you don't ask you don't know.

I am one of those people that purchased the PW4 8GB with SO from the Amazon Prime Day - unfortunately mine came with 5.10.3 factory FW that cannot be software jailbroken as of yet.

I have over 100+ collections (1050 books) within my Calibre Library - previously I was using "Kindle Collections Manager" on my Gen 1 PW to manage all of this.

Can any advise how I can go about putting all my books/collections on my new PW4 without having to create the individual collections on the kindle?

Thanks all

#2  ilovejedd 07-19-2019, 10:56 AM
Unfortunately, you're out of luck as far as automatic collection creation via Calibre goes.

If you're willing to use Amazon's cloud, easiest is probably Email-to-Kindle then just add books to collections via web browser or smartphone/tablet Kindle app.

#3  Iceyz 07-20-2019, 12:35 AM
Same boat here. my advice would be to prevent further updates, pray someone works out an exploit in the future to jailbreak this (or a version you can upgrade to).

#4  Thornt5748 07-20-2019, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the responses guys.

I figured that was the case but I couldn't help but hope. I've gone through and created all the collections manually - now using Calibre to move them over - 1 series at the time.

So..it turns out that I was slightly wrong about the number of collections - I have 197...

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register