Mobileread
Mars Battery Like
#1  svennn 06-18-2019, 10:18 AM
I have been using an old Kindle keyboard 3G for YEARS. It's time to replace it and so I thought I would see if any worthy android based readers are now on the market. It looks like the Mars is a home run.

I read with the kindle in airplane mode and it lasts for weeks between charges. What is a realistic expectation for the Mars? I use a combo of kindle unlimited, Google books, and caliber to download a book, switch to airplane mode and read. I don't foresee using it too much as a tablet so it would not be loaded down with apps.

Thanks.

Steve

#2  Incanus 06-18-2019, 04:36 PM
Steve:

In my exprience, as long as you use it mostly for reading, sync to calibre once a week ad otherwise stay in airplane moode, battery should last for two weeks... and little more.

Keep in mind: the Boyue Likebook Mars is a Quadcore tablet running Android; no matter how light the use, the OS does take it's toll on the battery.

EDITED: you may read in this other thread for other info on the subject.

Kind regards,

[INCANUS]

#3  thatguyatdennys 06-19-2019, 12:25 AM
With heavy reading (3.5 to 5 hours daily) and short wifi sessions to load new books, I get about a week and some change before needing a charge.

#4  swedenboy 08-02-2019, 05:24 AM
the first 2 days, I used it with google frame work enable (with airplane mode on), battery drain so fast. When I left it at night (around 12AM) without reading, it drained from 36% to zero in the morning.

Then I charged it fully, remove all google framework/play services, turn on airplane mode, read a little, battery drain 1% in 4 hours. Amazing......

will install android apk instead of using gg playstore from now on.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register