Mobileread
Touch HD 3 frozen screen
#1  Aniuortes 06-17-2019, 05:25 AM
Hi,
Since yesterday, the screen of my Touch HD 3 (PB632) is frozen. I have tried to reset it by holding the on/off button for a while (up to one minute) with no luck.

What is very strange is that I have the impression that the touch screen is still responding. If I connect it to the computer and touch the screen on the right place to allow the USB connection, this reader appears in the file explorer.

Any idea what I can do*?*I have access to the file system, so maybe there is something to do there ?

Thanks

PS: To be complete, it is sold under the name Tea HD Plus, which is apparently in some European countries, but the model is well a Pocketbook PB632. I don't think it makes any differences.

#2  slkissinger 06-17-2019, 02:02 PM
All I can think of is to let it charge overnight, see if having a full charge helps?

#3  totasenior 06-17-2019, 04:04 PM
Recommended option:
Hold down the forward and backward buttons and the power button at the same time.
The method is also included in the manual.

#4  Aniuortes 06-17-2019, 05:15 PM
Thanks for your answers. I have tried the forward/backward and on/off buttons without success. I have also tried what the procedure here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYZkDtq2KQQ

I will let it charge overnight, but I have little hopeĀ…

#5  nhedgehog 06-20-2019, 09:19 AM
Sounds more like you broke your screen. Have some pics?

#6  Aniuortes 07-03-2019, 04:05 AM
Sorry for my late answer. I couldn't provide a pic as I had sent it back for repair.*It came back yesterday. It is mentioned on the repair note that they replaced the motherboard.
Thanks a lot.

#7  wizz 07-09-2019, 05:21 AM
I have the same problem. It happened after 3 days of my 1 month walking trip. Real shitty. Nothing to do then to carry 160 grams of useless weight and nothing to read what is a big thing for a holiday.

#8  lumpynose 07-09-2019, 11:34 PM
Quote wizz
I have the same problem. It happened after 3 days of my 1 month walking trip. Real shitty. Nothing to do then to carry 160 grams of useless weight and nothing to read what is a big thing for a holiday.
Get a flip cover case for it if you don't have one already. It's cheap insurance. Pocketbook sells them.

#9  wizz 07-11-2019, 06:03 AM
Quote lumpynose
Get a flip cover case for it if you don't have one already. It's cheap insurance. Pocketbook sells them.
Its not an outside hardware issue as a broken screen or so. Internally something went wrong, a case wouldnt have changed that.

#10  lumpynose 07-11-2019, 02:25 PM
Quote wizz
Its not an outside hardware issue as a broken screen or so. Internally something went wrong, a case wouldnt have changed that.
If it was in a backpack the whole ereader could have flexed. I'm always worried about that with mine because my backpack is stuffed full and bulging.

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register