Mobileread
Which tablets/ereaders/netbooks/devices similar to Kobo Forma size(160x177.7x8.5mm)?
#1  droopy 03-22-2019, 03:59 AM
What tablets/devices (discontinued models or current ones) have dimensions similar to the Kobo Forma (160 x 177.7 x 8.5 mm)?

I'm looking into getting a sleeve for my Kobo Forma, and since sleeves don't have to be a perfect fit, I'm open to getting a sleeve that isn't marketed for the Forma but fits just as well.

This means that the following are not important:

Thanks.

#2  ilovejedd 03-22-2019, 02:07 PM
Quote droopy
What tablets/devices (discontinued models or current ones) have dimensions similar to the Kobo Forma (160 x 177.7 x 8.5 mm)?

I'm looking into getting a sleeve for my Kobo Forma, and since sleeves don't have to be a perfect fit, I'm open to getting a sleeve that isn't marketed for the Forma but fits just as well.
iPad mini 7.9". The neoprene ones are stretchable.

#3  droopy 03-22-2019, 02:35 PM
thanks for your reply.

I'm looking at https://socialcompare.com/en/comparison/apple-ipad-versions-compared-ipad-air-vs-ipad-mini

The "iPad mini 4" and the "iPad Mini" both are 7.9". But the width for both is 134mm. How can the Forma fit in a sleeve designed for an iPad Mini 7.9?

#4  ilovejedd 03-22-2019, 04:05 PM
Quote droopy
thanks for your reply.

I'm looking at https://socialcompare.com/en/comparison/apple-ipad-versions-compared-ipad-air-vs-ipad-mini

The "iPad mini 4" and the "iPad Mini" both are 7.9". But the width for both is 134mm. How can the Forma fit in a sleeve designed for an iPad Mini 7.9?
There's usually slack in the sleeves plus neoprene is stretchable. I was actually able to fit the iPad mini in a neoprene sleeve designed for a Nexus 7". A sleeve for 8" tablets should work just fine for the Forma (might even be a little loose).

Alas, next step up from 8" is usually 10" and that would be very loose (I generally prefer a more snug fit).

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register