Mobileread
Harlequin to stop providing ebook downloads from 12th November 2018
#41  Blossom 11-08-2018, 05:43 PM
Quote gabby98
dang'it, i'm about 300 points from one more free e'book
50 points here. They haven't had any free activities in a very long time.

Sent from my Nexus 7

#42  pdurrant 11-09-2018, 08:59 AM
Quote ilovejedd
Question. I stopped buying from Harlequin back when they still had LIT. Is there any benefit in re-downloading all the books I've previously downloaded as LIT (and converted to EPUB with Calibre) in Adobe EPUB?
It's just possible that newer downloads would have some typo/formatting fixes in them.

#43  fjtorres 11-09-2018, 10:26 AM
Quote Blossom
They no longer have lit, so if an available title redownloaded it will be in epub only but most titles I bought in lit are no longer there.
That would be because they no longer have them.

Under Torstar Harlequin would routinely revert rights to most backlist titles upon request after the initial print run sold out. Most of those older titles have been reissued by the authors.

#44  ilovejedd 11-09-2018, 10:48 AM
Quote pdurrant
It's just possible that newer downloads would have some typo/formatting fixes in them.
Thanks. I never bothered setting up ADE again after the Adobe hack years ago (been buying from Amazon or Kobo). Doesn't seem worth the effort considering I don't have any glaring complaints with the Calibre-converted epubs.

#45  gabby98 11-09-2018, 03:28 PM
Quote Blossom
50 points here. They haven't had any free activities in a very long time.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Quote ilovejedd
Thanks. I never bothered setting up ADE again after the Adobe hack years ago (been buying from Amazon or Kobo). Doesn't seem worth the effort considering I don't have any glaring complaints with the Calibre-converted epubs.
Yea, I noticed that too...sucks

#46  gabby98 11-12-2018, 10:54 AM
Site says download your books prior to today (Nov 12th)...In case you haven't, I forgot last night and was worried, I was still able to get my books this morning!

#47  AnemicOak 11-15-2018, 09:00 PM
The change has been made. Their new vendor is BookShout (not a fan).

https://help.harlequin.com/ebook-support/how-to-read-your-ebooks

#48  tomsem 11-15-2018, 09:41 PM
Quote AnemicOak

Ouch, yes.

What if you already have BookShout credentials and stuff you got from them? Logout, login with Harlequin. Logout, login with BookShout. Ad infinitum? Looks that way. At least they update the app regularly, but are they going to be in business in 3 years?

I do like playing with Spritz. But they still haven’t put it in their Watch app.

#49  PurpleStar 11-16-2018, 10:28 AM
So...basically it's pointless to buy any ebook from the Harlequin site now because you have to read it with this "BookShout" app? Wow, that's pretty sad.

#50  gabby98 11-16-2018, 12:58 PM
Quote AnemicOak

Ew...bookshout is one of the worst

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (5/6)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register