Mobileread
Amazon Prime "No Rush Shipping" changes
#1  skinmaan 09-13-2014, 03:00 PM
Well, you ask for it, and somehow you got it. Amazon has changed up the offer available in their "No Rush Shipping" offer/promotion. Now, instead of Instant Videos, you can get book or ebook credits!

About FREE No-Rush Shipping

Choose FREE No-Rush Shipping and we’ll automatically apply a $1 books and ebooks credit to your account once your order ships.

You can use this credit by logging on to Amazon.com or browsing your Kindle device. You can find the book or ebook you want to purchase and we’ll automatically apply the credit at checkout.

Your order with No-Rush Shipping will arrive in 5 - 7 business days. This No-Rush credit expires on December 31, 2014. Terms and Conditions apply.
I remember when this first came out there was disappointment that you could only use the credit for videos. Now Kindle content is on the table. Personally, I wish mp3s were an option again, but hey I'll take it.

Edit: You can check your promotional balances by using one of the links below:

Amazon US
Amazon UK

#2  tubemonkey 09-13-2014, 03:09 PM
Quote skinmaan
I remember when this first came out there was disappointment that you could only use the credit for videos. Now Kindle content is on the table. Personally, I wish mp3s were an option again, but hey I'll take it.
Until I get MP3 credits, I'm gonna demand rush shipping for everything

#3  rdjack21 09-13-2014, 05:06 PM
For me the $1 credit is not worth the extra wait for what I have ordered. If I was not on prime the difference in cost of 2 day verses normal ground is considerably more than $1. So to entice me to choose this offer they would need to increase the credit by at least double maybe even tripple it then I would consider it. But at a $1 no way.

#4  silverraven 09-13-2014, 05:28 PM
And of course I just ordered something yesterday! I used the slow shipping, got a video credit, but would have much rather had an ebook credit!
S

#5  Catlady 09-13-2014, 05:44 PM
Quote silverraven
And of course I just ordered something yesterday! I used the slow shipping, got a video credit, but would have much rather had an ebook credit!
S
So did I! I went for the two-day shipping, not because I really care so much about when the shipment arrives, but because I figured I probably wouldn't get around to using the video credit. I would've opted for an e-book credit if it had been available, I think.

Seems like it would be simpler all around if Amazon just offered a credit that could be used on any digital purchase.

#6  skinmaan 09-13-2014, 06:27 PM
Quote rdjack21
For me the $1 credit is not worth the extra wait for what I have ordered. If I was not on prime the difference in cost of 2 day verses normal ground is considerably more than $1. So to entice me to choose this offer they would need to increase the credit by at least double maybe even tripple it then I would consider it. But at a $1 no way.
I've found that, if you've got Prime, you can get credits fast if you are not "bundling" your shipments. I picked up 3 episodes in the time they were offering video credits. It's a nice perk for when you really don't need it that fast.

#7  skinmaan 09-13-2014, 06:28 PM
Quote Catlady
Seems like it would be simpler all around if Amazon just offered a credit that could be used on any digital purchase.
Amen, sister; preach on. This would seem to make the most sense.

#8  skinmaan 09-13-2014, 06:30 PM
Quote tubemonkey
Ah, but think: with a little forward planning (and some luck) you could get ebooks to match Whispersync titles the next time those $10 coupons become available. I know a certain monkey enjoys his audiobooks...

#9  Jessica Lares 09-14-2014, 12:25 AM
Quote tubemonkey
Me too. I have Kindle Unlimited, I don't need ebook credits.

#10  John F 09-14-2014, 06:18 AM
Can the credits be stacked; If i get three credits, can I use them for $3 off a single ebook?

Thanks.

Next »  Last »  (1/71)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register