Mobileread
Problems? Solutions!
#1  eBookLuke 01-05-2011, 07:07 AM
Hi all,

in this thread I will post all the solutions to the most common problems.
Please don't reply in this post, but leave your comments or reports in the right place

Thanks for your support

Luke

#2  eBookLuke 01-05-2011, 07:13 AM
Problem:
after the installation, I see the three icons, but pressing one of these I get an error.

Solutions:
  1. Please close OOo and restart it. When upgrading W2E, the icons look to the "old" extension, that is removed.
  2. Please check in the Tools>Extension Manager that there is just only extension called Writer3ePub. If not, please remove both, reboot OOo, and reinstalling the last version.

#3  eBookLuke 01-05-2011, 07:27 AM
This is a partial list of unsupported features that can cause problems to W2E:

#4  Matsendrasana 11-13-2012, 04:27 AM
Hi there, I hope this is the right place for my post.

I never got writer2epub to work. Currently I am using 1.1.20 under LO 3.6.3.2
It gives me the following error:
===== Writer2ePub Log ======

✔ Start SaveWorkingFile
✔ End
Error 1: Es ist eine Ausnahme aufgetreten
Type: com.sun.star.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
In Module: A_Main - At line : 261
Same thing happened under LO 3.5 with an earlier version of writer2epub. There seems to be nothing special about my document. Just headlines, text, few images, hyperlinks and a table of contents.

#5  eBookLuke 11-14-2012, 12:44 AM
Quote Matsendrasana
I never got writer2epub to work.
Please verify:

1) install the full LibreOffice/OpenOffice package, not only Writer. W2E needs resource from Draw, Calc, Math and others…

2) remove and reinstall a fresh copy of w2e (please read your MP)

3) delete temporary files and folder (yourbook_W2E_folder)

Luke

#6  Matsendrasana 11-14-2012, 09:38 AM
Hi, thanks for the 2.0 BETA. It runs farther, but finally breaks in module Traverse in line 957 with some "out of bounds error". It happened during exporting of paragraphs. Afterwards I had to kill LO (soffice.exe) via Taskmgr.

BTW, I got a warning that some formatting styles are ignored. The list shown in the message seems totally random...

P.S.: Forget to mention that I'm using LibreOffice Portable. All parts are available.

#7  eBookLuke 11-15-2012, 05:33 PM
Quote Matsendrasana
Hi, thanks for the 2.0 BETA. It runs farther, but finally breaks in module Traverse in line 957 with some "out of bounds error". It happened during exporting of paragraphs. Afterwards I had to kill LO (soffice.exe) via Taskmgr.

BTW, I got a warning that some formatting styles are ignored. The list shown in the message seems totally random...

P.S.: Forget to mention that I'm using LibreOffice Portable. All parts are available.
Please send to me the odt file…

Luke

#8  draknan 11-21-2012, 12:34 PM
Hi,

I use te 1.1.20 versión and have some problems:
- Lists and sublists are not correct, specially sublists with numbers and letters.
- After a sublist, the paragraph just behind is treated as a sublist also, and all the text behind him, and it apears tabed.

I have the last version of LibreOffice full instaled. I will send you the file, so you can study it all.

P.D.: excuse me for me english.

#9  eBookLuke 11-22-2012, 01:21 AM
Quote draknan
Hi,

I use te 1.1.20 versión and have some problems:
- Lists and sublists are not correct, specially sublists with numbers and letters.
- After a sublist, the paragraph just behind is treated as a sublist also, and all the text behind him, and it apears tabed.
Hi,

please send me a sample .odt to verify the first problem.
About the second problem, you're right. If there is an Header1-6 or other style different from a standard paragraph after a list, the list itself will be not closed.
A workaround is to insert a paragraph after the list with a single space inside.

Thanks

Luke

#10  BobC 02-03-2013, 10:56 AM
Quote eBookLuke
This is a partial list of unsupported features that can cause problems to W2E:
Luke,

I know this post is a couple of years old and you now have Font embedding working -have you any plans to support text frames ?

BobC

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register