Mobileread
Writer2ePub new releases
#1  eBookLuke 12-18-2010, 05:32 PM
Hi all,

in this thread I will post the announcements for new W2E releases!

the current release is 1.1.28

image »

Writer2ePub is an OpenOffice.org extension that creates an ePub file from any document openable by the OOo Word Processor.
Just simply one click, you can obtain a well formatted, easy readable ePub file from almost any document.

What is Writer2ePub?
W2E is an ePub creator. Simply write your document with the OOo Word Processor and W2E will make an ePub file using the best traditional typographic rules, by applying a predefined style sheet (CSS). If you need a good ePub document and you can use the OOo Writer Word Processor, W2E is your tool.

What Writer2ePub is not?
W2E is not a simple file converter. It does not just convert an existing document to ePub. If you need to obtain a pure wysiwyg ePub file, W2E is not for you. Please look at Calibre or other OOo extensions available on the Internet to do this kind of jobs.
Neither is W2E an ePub editor, please look at Sigil or other similar product if you need to edit and modify an existing ePub.

Who can use Writer2ePub?
W2E is intended for occasional users and professional use. The occasional user can create an high quality epub without worrying about the source document quality, while professional can create an easy editable, well structured and valid ePub file.

Installation
Just double click on the dowloaded file, it will install or replace the old W2E version.
Otherwise, please open the Extension Manager from the Tools menu and add the extension from there.
Once installed, on opening a new writer document you will find a small toolbar with three green icons.

Use
Simply press the first icon, and an ePub will be created in the same folder of the original file.
The icon with the blue mark is useful to add or edit the metadata information (title, author and so on).
The last icon with the red mark is to modify the preference. In a normal use you don't need to modify these settings.

Disclaimer:
Writer2ePub is a software tool written by non-professional programmers.
The author and all the collaborators are not responsible in any way for direct or indirect damages caused by W2E to your data, your software, your hard disk, your computer, your person, your home, your town, your country, your planet or your universe.
Please use it carefully and at your own risk!

Luke

#2  eBookLuke 12-19-2010, 02:48 AM
Release History:

ToDo:
Font embedding (still)
Internal links handling
Full translation in many languages as possible (translators wanted!)
Formatting error correction
Metadata recognition from .doc documents

Known bugs and limitations:
Limited formatting of the tables
No internal link handling (external link working since 1.1.10)

Luke

#3  eBookLuke 12-23-2010, 12:58 AM
Hi all,

Writer2ePub 1.1.10 is ready to download!
Many bug correction and localization in many languages are the news!

In the next release:
- font embedding

Luke

#4  eBookLuke 06-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Hi again,

the release 1.1.11 is ready to download.
Please note that, caused by problems to OpenOffice repository, now the extension is only available in my site.

Luke

#5  kiermel 06-04-2011, 03:50 AM
Quote eBookLuke
Hi again,

Please note that, caused by problems to OpenOffice repository, now the extension is only available in my site.

Luke
The download page in "extensions" don't work: "Page not found"
Thanks

I've downloaded the file from here, first link:
http://djvu.life.coocan.jp/epub/writer2epub/writer2epub.html

#6  eBookLuke 06-04-2011, 04:03 AM
Quote kiermel
The download page in "extensions" don't work: "Page not found"

this is my site:
http://luke.simplicissimus.it/writer2epub/#english

Do you experienced problems in download from here?

Luke

#7  kiermel 06-05-2011, 06:06 AM
Quote eBookLuke
this is my site:
http://luke.simplicissimus.it/writer2epub/#english

Do you experienced problems in download from here?

Luke
The download works, but...

On your website doesn't mention the version number, so I thought it was an old version. I'm sorry.

You should mention the version number.

#8  jbmoore 06-16-2011, 06:21 PM
Quote eBookLuke
Hi again,

Luke
I ran into a problem with 1.1.10 so I check here and saw that you have a new version. I installed it but now I can not edit the CSS macro. I need to tweak the style sheet a bit. Not a Macro person so any suggestions as to why I'm not allowed to edit would be helpful..

Thank you...

John..

#9  eBookLuke 06-16-2011, 06:22 PM
Quote jbmoore
I ran into a problem with 1.1.10 so I check here and saw that you have a new version. I installed it but now I can not edit the CSS macro. I need to tweak the style sheet a bit. Not a Macro person so any suggestions as to why I'm not allowed to edit would be helpful..

Thank you...

John..
try to remove and reinstall the extensionÂ…

Luke

#10  jbmoore 06-17-2011, 01:28 AM
Quote eBookLuke
try to remove and reinstall the extensionÂ…

Luke
No joy...

I removed it.. closed OO, Opened and installed the extension, Closed OO again, opened and then tried to edit CSS.. Can not edit..

Really strange..

Next »  Last »  (1/5)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register