Mobileread
New Leaf Vote for September • Over the Hills and Far Away: Journeys
#1  CRussel 08-07-2020, 12:02 PM
image »

It's time to select the book that the New Leaf Book Club will read and discuss in September, 2020. The theme is Over the Hills and Far Away: Journeys

We love new participants. We're happy for you to vote, but in the interest of a vibrant conversation, we'd like to request that you please not vote unless you plan to join the discussion whatever the selection. So if you haven't posted in a book club thread yet, do please say a quick hello here or in the Welcome thread.

This is a image » poll. Vote for as many books as you'd like. Questions? FAQs | Guidelines Or just ask!

Choices:

#2  gmw 08-08-2020, 12:45 AM
Well, I'm glad eight nominations made it through, it let me vote for four and still only choose half. Three I didn't vote for I have already read (but would not object to reading again), the other is more expensive than I like but has been on my list for 2 years. Two I did vote for I already own but have not yet read, the other two have been on my radar for some time. What a month!

#3  JSWolf 08-08-2020, 07:54 PM
I too voted for four of the books.

#4  CRussel 08-09-2020, 01:18 AM
Well, I can only get it down to five. And that by eliminating one because I'd already read it. And frankly, there's only one book here that I have no interest in at all, so I'm good with whatever comes out.

#5  Victoria 08-09-2020, 12:10 PM
I voted for three. I used to vote for several, but am trying to be more selective, and strategic. And speaking of strategy, I’m often the first to vote, but notice that some of you seem to hold off to the end

#6  gmw 08-09-2020, 11:03 PM
I usually vote as soon as I see the thread start and nothing strategic from me. My only (usually) self-imposed rule is to not go over half.

#7  CRussel 08-09-2020, 11:55 PM
I usually don't vote immediately, mostly because I've just put the darn thread up and haven't actually had time to think about my choices. I shoot for 1/2, but don't hold myself to it. This time I was already over, with the four I really want to read, plus the one I nominated that I'd love for us to read. But we do have those who want to wait until the last possible moment.

#8  Bookworm_Girl 08-10-2020, 02:22 AM
I usually vote for about 50%. Since I am working and not retired, most of my activity is around weekends or late at night. Sometimes I vote early and sometimes late. I usually vote late if there is a book that I really don’t want to read.

#9  CRussel 08-10-2020, 12:51 PM
And it looks like we have a run-off. Hang in there, I'll post the poll shortly. As always, with run-offs, I'll not be voting unless there's another tie, at which point I'll be the tie-breaker. Officially, this poll will be a multiple-choice, given that's how we're set up. But that only makes sense when there are more than two choices. If you vote for both, you just saying I should choose.

The run-off poll is up!

#10  Catlady 08-10-2020, 01:03 PM
Quote CRussel
I usually don't vote immediately, mostly because I've just put the darn thread up and haven't actually had time to think about my choices. I shoot for 1/2, but don't hold myself to it. This time I was already over, with the four I really want to read, plus the one I nominated that I'd love for us to read. But we do have those who want to wait until the last possible moment.
Guilty.

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register